Memphis or PPI???

Username: Senek8

Post Number: 2
OK so I have quite a few amps and I am trying to figure out which way I want to go. I am going to list what I have as well as what I am thinking about running off of these amps in hopes of getting some outside opinions.

Amps that I have are:
Older Memphis Belle MCH 1300
Old School PPI a600 and a a200
Old PPI PC450 and PC4400.2

I am thinking about either running 1 or 2 Memphis M3 12 dvc's

Diamond Audio D9 compnents in the front with hex's in the rear

Head unit is an Eclipse 8053

Now I was thinking about running the Belle to whatever sub configuration that I go with and bridging the A/B side to the front which will give me 230 watts per side and then getting a seperate mc300.4 for the rear seperates.

Does anyone think that I am crazy for not using the old school PPI's?

Platinum Member
Username: James1115

Use a simple...

Post Number: 10482
if you can run them to a 4 ohm load then I would use the a600 all day long. Just use the x-over on your deck. those ppi pc amps are very nice also:-)

Post Number: 3
So you think that overall quality and power would be much better going with the A600 vs the Belle? My other problem is that the D9's are supposed to be really power hungry 200/400max which has been tough to find something to power them.

Do you think that I should run an 2 a600's one to the d9's and one to the subs and the a200 to the rear?

Gold Member
Username: Van_man

Boston South, MA

Post Number: 2951
PPI Is a better amp the memphis in my Opionion.

Ive had 2 ST1000
and a ST 1500D and was not happy with the performance of them. They seemed to have a lot of distortion.

Post Number: 4
OK.. So you guys think that I should go with the a600 and the a200 then?
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us