The epicenter questions

Silver Member
Username: Torn

Post Number: 208
How would i properly set the wide and sweep nobs so it's safe on my system?
and if you turn the remote that comes with it all the way down, will it act like if it's off?

Gold Member
Username: Loc_out

Santa Ana, Ca Resonant Eng...

Post Number: 1312
Torn when i have all the way down it acts like its off. Whenever i need it i turn it up. Make sure not to use it like a bass knob.

Platinum Member
Username: Bestmankind

-apem

Post Number: 15515
first put both settings on middle. then listen to your system. if the bass seems to hit the higher notes louder then turn the sweep down a bit and listen again. if it seems like it is hitting too low then turn it up. then turn the wide up if you feel that the bass is only hitting the certain frequencies strong. the wide will make that center frequency wider therefore giving you a bit more flat response.

the sweep and wide won't damage your subs regardless of where its set at. but go easy on the bass knob.

also if you open your epicenter, you will see some jumpers for the input voltages. i would suggest you move the jumpers to 7.5v if you have subs that are 12 inches or above. you'll get a bit stronger signal that way. from the factory it is set at 5v.

another thing. the epicenter comes with a 33hz subsonic filter. if you want some lower hitting bass, you can contact audiocontrol and buy a lower frequency chip. i am using a 25hz on mine and it is perfect for me. but if you like the way the bass sounds, you don't need to worry about the subsonic filter chip. its just that my subs come alive at low hz so i changed it.

hope that answers some of your questions.

Gold Member

Post Number: 1313
Damn you chad you took me to skool.

Platinum Member

-apem

Post Number: 15516
lol.

torn about the subsonic filter chip. if you have a high tuned box, i suggest you just keep the default chip. i changed mine cause my box is sealed.

Silver Member

Post Number: 210
Nice and thanks, and you said the jumpers are inside and voltages labeled on them?

Platinum Member

-apem

Post Number: 15517
yeah its labled. if you open it up you will see it. its 2 jumpers.

Silver Member

Post Number: 212
thanks.

Silver Member

Post Number: 213
what song should i use to set this up?

Gold Member

Post Number: 1315
What kind of music do you bump?

Silver Member

Post Number: 216
rap mostly sometimes rock if causins in the car.

Gold Member

Post Number: 1318
Epic doesnt really work on rap sorry to say it. I never use it for rap. It will help you out on rock.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us