Looking to hook up car amp and subs to home stereo system

Username: Kromazone

Post Number: 1
i have a boss 700 watt amp and 2 10' orion subs in a bandpass box. they can no longer be in my ride, so i was wondering if there is a way to hook amp/subs to home receiver..i have receiver/ speakers hooked up to pc..i've looked around on here for info on it and found some sayin it can be done (but not really clear instructions) and others sayin dont do it..i'd like to find a way TO hook it up.any good info. (even a diagram) would be greatly appreciated!!
thanx

Silver Member
Username: •cam•

Post Number: 896
Subs: yes
Amp: you might as well get a home sub amp.

Gold Member
Username: Mgbcs

Lincoln, Nebraska

Post Number: 1657
You need to get a different kind of amp. You need a home theater amp - a car amp won't work.

Platinum Member
Username: Wingmanalive

A pic is worth 1000 posts!!

Post Number: 10616
To operate a car amp indoors means either a portable 12v power source or a car battery. Using a car batt indoors is just not safe and most portable sources won't keep up with anywhere near that kind of draw. I have several power inverters I can connect to a 12v source to run small aplliances for a short period of time. Any significant draw shuts the inverter down and sounds an alarm. Manufacturers don't recommend running the portable while charging so you're limited to how fast you pull from it before you kill it. Mind you your amp wasn't made for this and will almost certainly void your warranty. Keep the car batts outside as well, last thing you want is any gases exploding. You've read ppl warning about this idea for more than one reason.

Possible yes. Smart?

Silver Member
Username: Yukhui

3 15 AA Havocs, Memphis 4kw!!

Post Number: 718
Edesign has some kinda 4000 watt home amp on there site or something lol

Platinum Member

Post Number: 10621
Only $7,762.

8000w @ 8ohms bridged mono.

Not bad when you consider it's free shipping.

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/324924-REG/Crown_Audio_IT8000_I_T8000_2100 _Watt.html

Gold Member
Username: Frkkevin

Resonant Engineering..., Fort Worth... Email

Post Number: 3827
also not bad when you consider thats 8000w @ 8 ohm.. translate that down to 1 ohm.. or even 0.5 ohm :P ... that would be one beastly amp if it handled that

Platinum Member

Post Number: 10623
Lol. Now who would need that kinda juice in HT??????

Maybe someday me.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us