Sony CDX-F605X help

Silver Member
Username: Sony224422

Deep River, CT US

Post Number: 348
I just bought a truck with that headunit in it and i tried hooking up my ipod thru the AUX port on the back (the mini stereo headphone, its blue) and i get nothing. it makes the radio beep and then i can't control the volume on any source. I don't have the remote for it either, so apparently i can't set the time or anything like that. Is there another way or should i ditch it?

Silver Member
Username: Kpa2727

Post Number: 704
i don't think u have it in the aux port i think it's int the stereo or remote input port. that will cause the noise and volume issues you describe. like if u turn the volume up on the ipod the volume goes up and if u turn the head unit knob u get nothing. then it means ur in the line in jack.and the beep u hear i think is the ipods signature click wheel sound when u scroll through music.

Silver Member

Deep River, CT US

Post Number: 349
where would the AUX port be?

Silver Member

Deep River, CT US

Post Number: 350
ahh i figured it out. I have to use a RCA to mini jack and use it on rca's in on the back. The mini jack is for the wired remote

Silver Member
Username: Kpa2727

Post Number: 707
yep yep, good rule of thumb on most radios it ether requires a rca to 3.5 mm jack or a 3.5 to 3.5mm jack.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us