Amplifier Woahs

Bronze Member
Username: Thunderb

Post Number: 11
Where to begin that is the question. I have been out of the car audio loop for awhile and am just starting to get back into it.My problem is Amplifiers and sub woofers have changed so much as far as reputable brands and quality. When I was seriously into it you could go into any car audio shop in the country and find quality products. When I say quality I mean MADE IN USA Quality. Brands like PPI , Rockford , Orion , Hifonics , Alpine , Crunch , Kicker and Earthquake ALL made good stuff. Now half of the brands I am familiar with make Garbage. Maybe I am messed up but I dont want some 14 year old kid making 8 cents an hour building my next amplifier.I look at the specs of some of these gagillion watt ampliers and the thd ratio is crap and the rms wattage is 1/10 of the advertised output and dont even get me started on the s/n ratio.So in short I need some schooling from you guys and girls.

My current set up is
6 10" Orion Xtr Subs
1 Hifonics GenX Planet X 20 watt amplifier
1 Hifonics GenX Goliath 125x4 amplifier
3 sets Hifonics GenX 5.25 seperates
Pioneer DEH-9300

Silver Member
Username: Bumpndatrunk

Milwaukee, WI

Post Number: 233
O i see now jamey you guys hade it real good back in the day but there is a list called the good the bad and the ugly you can google for I would run some names down to you but im no pro just know what i need to get bye

Gold Member
Username: Juliob

Santo DomingoDominican Re...

Post Number: 4909
Jamey, you should talk to kevin holden, he's selling quality stuff nowadays.

Silver Member
Username: Dannyboyy

Peterborough, NH USA

Post Number: 429
yo jamey u can still buy o/s amps off ebay. i only buy o/s because of the quality. and if u wanted that same quality today u would have to dish out hundreds.

Silver Member
Username: Wojopro

Summerville, SC

Post Number: 366
I copied the Good Bad and Ugly so I wouldnt lose it again... lol

http://wojo.3000mb.com/cacgbau.htm
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us