Is this a good HU?

Silver Member
Username: Rds2oo8

MN

Post Number: 168
http://www.circuitcity.com/ssm/Pioneer-In-Dash-Player-DEHP3900MP/sem/rpsm/oid/16 9883/catOid/-13089/rpem/ccd/productDetail.do

Bronze Member
Username: Hurricanebr1an

Western Burbs of Chicago, IL Usa

Post Number: 44
is your budget $130? if so, yes. if you can spend more, more features -more preamp voltage, etc. if you arent running a 4 channel speaker amp, pioneer offers a useful 22wrms that gets loud (w/distortion).

Silver Member
Username: Kpa2727

Post Number: 645
it's decent for a average ook daily setup but don't expect miracles. try best buy there are some newer better pioneer models for 130.

Silver Member

MN

Post Number: 169
well i got 170 to spend but CC is got a deal with free instalation im a huge noob so yeah ha idk how 2 hook it up :-(

Bronze Member

Post Number: 48
well good news. H/Us are the easiest component to hook up, easier IMO than speakers even. for 170 u could get a nice used alpine/pioneer premiere or something comparable. i will post links tomarrow, but im sure there are other members here that could give u even better choices.

that being said what sys are u running.

answer yes/no

aftermarket speakers?
2 or 4 channel amp for speakers?
sub(s)?
if so how many amps?

If u answer no to all then the model u picked out is fine, but like Keith said BB does free installation and might have a better selection.

Silver Member

MN

Post Number: 170
im all factory n just lookin for get an ok system nothin like comp. stuff just something thatll bump im thinkin 2 12" mtx thunders thet got a bass bundle at CC for em idk i mean i wana be able 2 c it in person n be able 2 buy it in the store n go home bumping ya know lol

Bronze Member

Post Number: 58
not really but ok.

as to the h/u i'd go for it...good choice. simple my sis runs a low priced pioneer like that. thumbs up.

as to the mtx thunders, well i can think of much better products for the money but ultimately its your decision.

what i can tell you is that if you want, post a budget and see what kind of feed you will get.

Silver Member

MN

Post Number: 171
alrigth yeah im just checkin around at local stores for subs right now just BB n CC just cuz i dont wana deal with buying sh1t online

Silver Member
Username: Kpa2727

Post Number: 648
for subs eh go with a kicker in a pre fab kicker box. that's the best bet if u didn't buy subs. pioneer i'd stick with if i were you other then alpine. but remember for subs and amp u need to run wires and all it's not a small project but in this u should upgrade speakers to. the whole best bet get a higher end pioneed with sub outs and ipod compatability for later use so if u upgrade you can keep the head unit.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us