Protection mode after like 30-45 minutes

Silver Member
Username: Cplaya280

Quakertown, PA USA

Post Number: 696
my system plays good for like a good 45min-60min and then all of a sudden my amp goes into protection mode for like 30 seconds and then it comes back on but then it constantly keeps goin back on proction mode why is this happening and it only happens when playing my system for at least 45 minutes. i got 2 12" l7's with a zx1500.1 amp. its in an SUV 100amp alternator. i noticed the amp does get really hot but i think those type of amps are ment to get hot im not sure.

Gold Member
Username: Skibum12189

Cleveland

Post Number: 1727
thats a lot of power on a little alt...

check your gain

Silver Member
Username: Zacdavis

Beloit, Wi

Post Number: 632
Not being a jerk here, just sayin....you know when someone says it hurts when i poke my finger in my eye....you say, well then dont poke yourself in the eye duh.
Same thing here, if it gets so hot it goes into protection then stop playing it loud for so long, duh.

Gold Member
Username: Redliner

Wilmington, Ma

Post Number: 3970
lol^^ best advice ever but check gain and maybe think about beefing up your electrical system 1500 rms is a lot on a 100 amp alt. also what size wire are you running cause if the wire is to small it chokes off the current and overheats the amp

Silver Member

Quakertown, PA USA

Post Number: 697
ok but what is a way to do it so i can constantly play it loud without it going into proection mode after like a half hour. Like i wanna say maybe there might be sumthin wrong wit my amp to because the powerwire and ground wire got stuck together once like cpl months ago and melted the plastc part surrounding the spot where u put the ground,power,and remote wire in. the spot where u put the power wire in is all melted and burnt so i gotta make the wire a little big smaller for the 12volt slot so the power wire can fit in the slot. but the ground and remote spot is still fine nothign happend to that. idk if this siutation would involve it goin into protection mode tho??

Silver Member

Quakertown, PA USA

Post Number: 698
im runnin 2 gauge wire but like i said in my last post i have tho make the power wire a little big smaller like i gotta make the strands of wire smaller so it can fit in the 12v slot on the amp because it got all burnt and melted before could this be part of the problem because since the powerwire isnt using all the strands of wire?

Gold Member

Wilmington, Ma

Post Number: 3973
I just think you need to check your gain and bass boost then if there both set right if you know what is right then time for a better electrical system start with the big 3 maybe then work from there

Gold Member
Username: Nd4spd18

Northwest PA

Post Number: 3218
- No bass boost

- Set gain properly

- Make sure its not a thermal issue

Silver Member

Quakertown, PA USA

Post Number: 699
i have tho make the power wire a little bit smaller like i gotta make the strands of wire smaller so it can fit in the 12v slot on the amp because it got all burnt and melted before could this be part of the problem because since the powerwire isnt using all the strands of wire?

Gold Member

Northwest PA

Post Number: 3221
Umm yeah thats definetly a problem. BTW man if ya cant get that sorted out and want me to take a look at that for ya, shoot me a PM. Im at school now but when I'm home I'm about 10 min from Quakertown.

Silver Member

Quakertown, PA USA

Post Number: 700
yeah i live in perkasie now which is pretty close to qtown where are you living at?

Gold Member
Username: Southernrebel

Monroe, Louisiana 2 DD3515s, 1...

Post Number: 5281
Even if your only using 1/2 of the strands of that 2ga at the connection on the amp...you are just fine.

My bet:
-Your clipping the fvk out of that amp.

Silver Member

Quakertown, PA USA

Post Number: 701
yeah well i have the gain 1 bar past the middle and bassboost almost 3/4 up. It sounds really good to me like this but i guess its not good for the amp???. but now i dont even have a system to play because i stipped the allen screw that goes in the 12v spot so i cant get the powerwire in and idk where i can find any more allen kew screws to replace it and plus i gotta figure a good way to get that screw out without damaging the amp.

Silver Member
Username: Zacdavis

Beloit, Wi

Post Number: 633
since you dont want to just take some good advice n just turn the sh!t down once in a while,
run a fan on the d*mn thing and be done with it.
All you guys are making it to complicated lol.
the amp gets hot, cool it down with a fan.
that or pour some cold water on it

Gold Member

Northwest PA

Post Number: 3222
I'm near Tylersport. It sounds like all you need to do is get that gain set right.

Silver Member
Username: •cam•

Post Number: 687
"bassboost almost 3/4 up"
turn it off.

Gold Member

Wilmington, Ma

Post Number: 3976
lol bb set at 3/4 thats sounds like a little problem never mind the gain do u even know the preout voltage of your hu and what your ampis set at

Gold Member
Username: Th3pwn3r

Post Number:...

Post Number: 5037
"the amp gets hot, cool it down with a fan.
that or pour some cold water on it"

Lol...since you don't know how to use your system carefully.Turn bass boost all the way off and turn the gain down low.Sure you may think it sounds good but just wait until you clip your sub to death or fry out that amp from the constant abuse...you won't be listening to anything from abusing your things once it all blows up.

Silver Member
Username: Dannyboyy

O/S Power!!!!, i lo... USA

Post Number: 448
square wave on a square woofer...

Gold Member
Username: Insearchofbass

Post Number: 6528
if your going to use bass boost then your going to have to use less gain .....to put it simple

Silver Member

Quakertown, PA USA

Post Number: 702
yea i got the pioneer deh-7800 so its like 5V im pretty sure.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us