Gasket for SSD

Gold Member
Username: Tanmanfosho

Fi SSD15 Wangers

Post Number: 1091
Tore the gasket on my 15inch SSD =( long story. how much is a new one and is it hard to put on?

Gold Member
Username: Th3pwn3r

Post Number:...

Post Number: 4908
What do you mean by gasket?Do you mean the mounting gasket or do you mean the surround that attaches to the cone?

Silver Member
Username: Jtown

Post Number: 377
most likely the mounting gasket. if that's the case, I don't know the cost, but its very easy to put on

Gold Member

Fi SSD15 Wangers

Post Number: 1092
the one that attaches to the cone i believe ill upload a picture of it before it was broke with an arrow lol.Upload hlp please

Gold Member

Post Number: 4947
That is called the surround.Ouch.Depending on how badly it's ripped it can possibly be repaired using silicone.I'd recommend getting a recone though but silicone sealant may work for a while.I just wouldn't go that route personally.

Gold Member

Post Number: 4949
Worst comes to worst you can send it into Scott at Fi for a recone if they don't sell a surround repair kit for you.The only reason I didn't recommend going that route in the first place is because of the level of skill that it will take,Paul has a step by step thread that you could learn from and do it yourself if you can get a replacement surround.Perhaps someone could link us to it if I can't find it.

Gold Member

Fi SSD15 Wangers

Post Number: 1093
my bad... thought it was called a gasket... alright. how much does reconing run? im just trying to repair it to sell it but otherwise i wont bother with it.

Platinum Member
Username: Wingmanalive

A pic is worth 1000 posts!!

Post Number: 10137
As long as you're careful and take your time you can do it yourself. The kit comes with two surrounds so you have a second chance should you need it. Kit is like $25 and with some time could save you a bundle.

The link Rob mentioned:

https://www.ecoustics.com/electronics/forum/car-audio/355935.html

BTW, where the hell have you been?

Gold Member

Fi SSD15 Wangers

Post Number: 1095
hmmmmm here and there. football seasons kicking my A for free time, and the girlfriend takes up the rest. along with homework. AAHHH! Anyway. Just looked at that walkthrough pretty amazing walkthrough btw. But idk if i wanan go through all that work jsut to sell it lol...Anyone wanna buy it with the torn surround?

Platinum Member
Username: Wingmanalive

A pic is worth 1000 posts!!

Post Number: 10141
Aaahhh to be young again lol. Wait till a mortgage and kids are thrown into the mix lol!!

If you're honest it's going to be hard to sell it at a good price with the tear. Ppl are just going to be skeptical. Selling it used will knock off 30% or more from what you paid. Used and damaged you'll be luck to see 40% of your investment. Think to yourself how bad do you need the $$$?

Gold Member
Username: Snarl2004

Audioque 12 SD2.5s, Earthquake P...

Post Number: 1675
Didnt UPS give you the insurence money for that sub?

Gold Member

Fi SSD15 Wangers

Post Number: 1096
nope, damn bast... said that i was unprofessional for threatening to knock the guys head off....hmmmm.

anyway. what u think i can get for it if i fix it? and if i don't?

Gold Member

Post Number: 1685
well if you paid for insurence and they dont pay isnt that like breaking a legal contract and you can sue them?

Gold Member

Fi SSD15 Wangers

Post Number: 1100
i hadnt paid for insurance yet, since they hadnt even started shipping it

Gold Member

Post Number: 1687
thats fu<ked up...sue the store then not ups
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums