Crunch amps

Silver Member
Username: B3n07

Louisville, Ky USA

Post Number: 316
are these amps as good as a hifonics amp just woundering i like the hifonics amps just the crunch amps are cheaper. also i have two 1 ohm subs if i wire them in parrell what kinda of load will i have i cant figure it out

Silver Member
Username: Santa_fe

Post Number: 169
crunch are very good amps, i have owned them before and they nver led me astray, but thats just me, they are pretty much equal with hifonics in my opinnion, im parallel i think that would be .5 ohms????? dont quote me on that, check with others first

Gold Member
Username: Insearchofbass

Post Number: 6491
well I know a guy with the 3000 watt crunch amp and I checked the fuse rating and its only putting out about 1000 rms after efficiency loss he's running two cvx 10's on it

Silver Member
Username: Zacdavis

Beloit, Wi

Post Number: 630
Crunch is a Maxxsonics company, along with HiFonics.
Theres a few Crunch and Hifonics models that share the same board.
You'd want to run each sub in series, then parallel the two. This would give you a 1 ohm load.
If you run all the coils in parallel then you'd have a .25 ohm load, no good.
Wait, your saying you have dual 1 ohm subs right?
If thats the case then yeah, wire each sub in series to a 2 ohm load, them parallel the pair back down to 1.
The crunch 3000.1 isnt to bad of an amp for the money.

Silver Member

Louisville, Ky USA

Post Number: 317
ok thank you then i gueess i got my new amp set up with the subs

Silver Member

Louisville, Ky USA

Post Number: 319
are you all saying that the 300.1 is only going to give be about 1000 watts????

Silver Member

Louisville, Ky USA

Post Number: 320
are you all saying that the 3000.1 is only going to give be about 1000 watts????

Bronze Member
Username: Imi4tth3w

San Antonio, Texas USA

Post Number: 82
haha i supposedly "blew" a 1600.1 crunch cause my friends a dumba$s and put all these confusing colored wires on his capacitor and HE hooked up the "grounds" which were sh.tty as hell and it got reverse polarity through the amp and fried the sh.t out of that amp. but it pushed his two "Q Power 15's" nicely haha it wasn't bad for the price. good highschool sub setup

Gold Member
Username: Johnfiac

A-ToWn, 9515 thumpin... What u bumpin?

Post Number: 3568
Ben are the subs DVC? If they are then run them in series then run both subs paralel for 1ohm, if they are SVC then do them series for 2ohm. If they are paralel SVC 1ohm then you have .5ohm load, WOULD NOT DO THIS ON CRUNCH\HIFONICS AMPS they will burn.

Silver Member

Louisville, Ky USA

Post Number: 327
the subs are single voice coil i dont really care for the DVC to much
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us