Blowing fuse

Silver Member
Username: Santa_fe

Post Number: 151
i have two 12's as you guys may know and i keep blowing my in-line fuse, will increasing the fuse on my amp matter???? im pusginh 400watts rms how big of a fuse should i get???? Its weird when i had my two tens i never blew my fuse and i had them on the same amp,,,, why does it blow now???

Silver Member

Post Number: 152
or should i just get a bigger in-line fuse??? and will it still sound the same, and how big of an inline fuse??? for 400watts rms

Platinum Member
Username: Wingmanalive

A pic is worth 1000 posts!!

Post Number: 10095
Fuses blow for a reason. Don't "duct tape" the problem by just upsizing the fuse without finding out why it blows. That's how fires start. Is everything wired correctly?

Silver Member

Post Number: 153
yes im sure on that, i think the amp just pulls to hard on it

Silver Member

Post Number: 154
it only happens when im pushing upwards of 100db, i used an spl meter just to narrow it down to when it happens

Silver Member

Post Number: 156
heelp

Platinum Member
Username: Wingmanalive

A pic is worth 1000 posts!!

Post Number: 10096
What subs, what vc configuration and ohm load is everything? Are your two 12's the same config as your 10's? You may be pulling a different ohm load from your new 12's.

Silver Member

Post Number: 158
4 ohms, each sv, same amps and config....like i said its only when im really pounding it

Silver Member

Post Number: 159
help i need to know by tomorrow

Silver Member
Username: Jesse59672

OKLAHOMA

Post Number: 637
how big is the fuse on your amp and how big is the fuse on your wire? if the wire one is smaller than theres your problem.

Silver Member

Post Number: 161
they are both the same, can i upgrade just the one one my power wire????

Silver Member

Post Number: 162
plzzz bump me here guys

Silver Member

Post Number: 165
its only like 400 watts rms like i said,but my power wire is kinda small, like 12awg or 8awg, so i think im just gunna pop a bigger fuse in the holder....after i check my grounds that is

Silver Member

Post Number: 166
help guys please!!!

Silver Member

Post Number: 168
nothing?

Silver Member
Username: Thumpinwith8s

2 RE8s,PG Xenon 400.1, 135.5dbs!!!!

Post Number: 934
>its only like 400 watts rms like i said,but my power wire is kinda small, like 12awg or 8awg, so i think im just gunna pop a bigger fuse in the holder<

For 400 watts, I had 4gauge wire, so you're wire may be to small, also as stated before...IF you put a larger fuse in the holder, thats how fires start. Do not do that. make sure of your wire size, the upgrade ...to at least 6guage...the 4 which I did is actually overdoing it.

Username: Thunderb

Post Number: 6
I actually had a similiar problem. It was from the leads on one of the subs arcing together. As soon as the leads touched because of the subs excusion my amp would pop my inline fuss. I recommend circuit breakers over fuses.They are easier to reset.Try a different sub also ohm out your new subs just to be on the safe side.Some subs say 4 ohms and are actually lower or higher .As far as the fuse rating I go 10 amps for every 100 watts rms.

Silver Member

Post Number: 170
ok thanks alot guys, i think i know what direction to go in now
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us