Amp to pair with polk momo MM124

Dan Kazurskis
Unregistered guest
Alright I dont have much experience with car audio, I dont know what to pair with my single 12" polk momo in the back of my integra. I'm looking on ebay mostly, because im kind of on a budget, I can spend in the neighborhood of 175. What do you guys suggest? The specs for the sub are (unneccessary for Glasswolf lol):

recommended power range 75-500 watts RMS
peak power 1000 watts
frequency response 20-200 Hz

I was thinking a 500 W amp, but I'm not sure if my funds will allow me that. Give me your thoughts though

Silver Member
Username: Its_bacon12

Post Number: 589
try a rockford 451s 2 channel amp bridged to it, the amp rly puts out very near 500w rms

Bronze Member
Username: Hairball

City of Angels

Post Number: 42
with the same sub, i got a polk-momo amp, the c500.1, class d amp. check the website, http://www.polkaudio.com/car/specs.php?name=c500_1 for specs.

Power
Channels 1 MonoBlock
Total Dynamic Power (all ch. driven) 975 watts
14.4 Volts RMS Not Bridged @ 1kHz
4 Ohms 350 watts x 1
2 Ohms 500 watts x 1

circuit city is discontinuing this line of amps, so this one is selling for $242, at least in the Los Angeles area. you can't get anything even close to this amp in quality at this price.

from what i know, don't use a 2 channel class AB amp with this sub, or any sub, if you have a choice. a class d amp will be about 80% efficient, and not get nearly as hot as a full frequency ab amp.

oh, and if you add another sub later, you can wire it in parallel with your existing sub, and this amp is stable at 2ohms, rated at 500W X 1 at 2 ohms. you don't have to buy another amp. and you will want another sub someday, i'll bet ya.

good luck.

Silver Member

Post Number: 590
i dont like that amp at all

they rate it at 14.4v and its still only 350w rms at 4 ohms

and if you'd read above, the polk momo is single 4 ohm sub, and using class AB amps on subs isnt bad...i dont understand why you new people are giving people completely wrong information

an AB amp will get hotter because it is a little less effecient, doesnt mean its not a good amp or you cant use it

i would definately still get the rockford 451s over that polk monoblock - and the rockford i believe is still less anyways...

Bronze Member
Username: Hairball

City of Angels

Post Number: 55
cool...i wasn't tryin to start a war.

didn't realize i was giving "wrong information." I'm gonna go hit myself in the head with a hammer now. thanks for setting me straight.

late

Silver Member

Post Number: 592
lol its ok as long as you dont keep fighting it when ur wrong...

dont worry ive been there - just browse around and you can learn alot from these threads
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us