PLEASE HELP A KID ASAP

Username: Wicked_ridr_

Medford, OR

Post Number: 3
hey everyone out there im a 16 year old, with a subaru impreza sport (hatch back) i really want to put a anwsome system in, i already have a nice panasonic head unit, im going on a road trip this summer so i want to putmy system in soon, the problem is, is that i dont have too much money and dont want to use up all the space in my car, so really all i listen to is rap so i was thinking about putting 1 twelve in my trunk, soo all in all i want to put 350 or under into it all which i know isnt much money. ive been looking around and came up with a few different things. a crossfire cf312 sub 85 a crossfire vr202 189 a slotported box for 59, a rockford p1 for 85 a clarion 4 channel amp for 150 and thats about it any one withany suggestions i could use it.

Bronze Member
Username: Jonathan_f

GA USA

Post Number: 15
JBL 300.1 for around $150 online. A good DVC 4+4 sub that'll take 300W continuous, Infinity Kappa Perfect is 139 on www.ikesound.com then build your own box if you can. If you can't, you still have money to spend. (Keep in mind, Kappa Perfects aren't the best SPL, but they blend sound quality and SPL pretty wel l, especially for 139 bux...)

Gold Member
Username: Glasswolf

NorthWest, Michigan USA

Post Number: 3108
yeah try a JBL BP150.1 amp. cheapest good amp you'll find probably to deliver decent power.
Then go with a Kicker Comp (not VR) 12" sub in a ported box if you have ~2 cu ft to spare, or sealed box if you can only spare about 1cu ft.
amp is about $100 or so, sub is about $65 I think.
the box you can pick up for $20-40
amp wiring kit from knukonceptz.com (8awg) is about $25
if ya have anything left, look at Infinity reference series front speakers for a better soundstage.
5.25" or 6.5"
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us