Please Help

Anonymous

Hi i just got a brand new JL 500.1 amp. so now i just got it installed 2 days later one of my stupid friends dropped a coke and it poured all over it and now it is making a funny noise what should i do.

172 +- db
Unregistered guest
beat the he!! out of your friend
then take the amp back.

Anonymous

i'm with 172, beat your friend, and try to mount the next amp out of harms way.

Gold Member
Username: Glasswolf

NorthWest, Michigan USA

Post Number: 2999
take the amp in to get it repaired, tehn have your friend pay the repair bill.

Silver Member
Username: Pat_l

Tucson, AZ USA

Post Number: 117
Take your friend and throw him out of the moving car, then chuck the AMP at him to. You need to get some more respectful freinds. Make him pay for it or at the LEAST half the repair cost.

Anonymous

could i maybe clean it with some contact cleaner. and leave it open for a few days to dry. if not then i will need a new amp anyone now if any good WATERPROOF amps?

as for the repair shop i don't even think we have one anywhere near me.

Gold Member

NorthWest, Michigan USA

Post Number: 3030
if you're going to throw the amp away, send it to me. I'll pay shipping, and even give ya $50 for it.

no if it's making funny noises, something in it is already damaged, which means the internals need repair.

as for waterproof amps.. maybe think about a plexi covered amp rack?

Anonymous

lol I'm not going to throw it away it cost to much. I called JL service dept. They said they could fix it so I'm going to ship it to them for repairs. My buddy is going to pay for it since his @ss broke it thanks for the help.

Gold Member

NorthWest, Michigan USA

Post Number: 3041
aww shucks
can't blame me for trying.
glad JL took it in. I figured they would.

Gold Member

NorthWest, Michigan USA

Post Number: 3042
still though, plexi cover that amp rack.. maybe after flush mounting them under a baffle board.
that'll keep em safe and give back more trunk space since you can throw stuff on top

Anonymous

what could i do with it in a truck? It is in well was in a 1999 F150 regular cab.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us