Mono amps and hookups?

Username: Jclegga

Post Number: 1
Hey im new to car audio

can you hook up 2 subs to a mono channel amp?

Silver Member
Username: Vipersbyms

Post Number: 145
yes

Gold Member
Username: Glasswolf

NorthWest, Michigan USA

Post Number: 2964
yup.
use two 4 ohm single coils subs, or two 2+2 ohm DVC subs
that will present a 2 ohm load to the amp.

if the amp is rated for, say, 500 watts RMS @ 2 ohms x 1 channel, that'll mean each sub will get 250 watts.

Anonymous

are 2+2 ohm DVC subs the same as 4 ohm? how would those be wired up to a mono?

Bronze Member
Username: Munkyjojo

Winamac, Indiana

Post Number: 12
ya you ahve me confused with this whole 2x2 dvc/4 ohm stuff. whats the difference?

Username: Chburns

Post Number: 4
yes, 2+2 ohm DVC (dual voice coil) which gives a total resistance of 4ohms, is basically the same thing as 4 ohm SVC (single voice coil) (someone correct me if I am wrong bc I am also fairly new to audio)

Anonymous

Dual Voice Coil (DVC) subs give different wiring options. For example, a 2+2ohm Dual Voice Coil sub can be wired in parallel (positive from amp goes to the positives of each voice coil, negative does the same.) This creates a 1 ohm load from EACH sub. Or, you can wire the voice coils in a series configuration (amp's positive goes to positive of voice coil #1, amp's negative to the negative of voice coil#2, then, negative of voice coil#1 goes to positive of voice coil #2.) If you're confused, here's a site with visual diagrams. http://www.crutchfieldadvisor.com/ISEO-rgbtcspd/learningcenter/car/subwoofers_wi ring.html

Anonymous

What subs would people suggest for the MTX 421D mono amp? I would prefer using two 10" subs.

Username: Cooa7156

Palm beach gardens, Florida Usa

Post Number: 1
I have 2 10" rockford fosgate hx2's in the back of my single cab f-150. Since they are a dvc subwoofer at at 4 ohms each, what would be the best amp to use?? and how should i wire them??

SlavsFBplyr
Unregistered guest
Can I use a kicker 400.1 to my kicker comp VR? how would i hook it up to get loudest response. thanks

Username: Livinlow

Post Number: 2
comp vr and kx400.1 is a nice lil combo. you need to have a 4 ohm DVC or a 2 ohm SVC sub to get the 400 watts rms from the amp, in order to get a 2 ohm load to the amp.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us