Hows this battery?

Gold Member
Username: Naledge503

Http://com4.runboard.c...

Post Number: 1436
I am gettin voltage drops down to about 11.4V at idle (yes I have an H/O and the Big 3 done). Will this battery be good as a primary battery or will it be better as a 2nd batt? I was looking at yellow tops today and just ran across this.

Gold Member
Username: The_image_dynamic

San Diego

Post Number: 2582
A link would probably help lol.

Silver Member
Username: Oneracistguy

TWO EGG, FL USA

Post Number: 826
http://www.batcap.net/2000.html

get u one of those we running a massive p3000.1 and got one of those and a ho alt and voltage stays about 13.8 volts i get em for 150 each

Gold Member
Username: Safe_cracker

Chicago, IL US

Post Number: 3217
I have a 8400 coming, should be here tomorrow! Lose another 1/2 on rear height,lmfao.. :-O Polo.

Gold Member
Username: Carguy

Post Number: 6375
Jesse, HO alternator doesn't guarantee you full power at idle. Do you know what the output is at idle?
11.4v from a battery is not good at all. If it's not deepcycle, it will die soon.

Gold Member

Post Number: 1437
lol...I could have swore I put the link...here it is.

http://portland.craigslist.org/wsc/ele/384913215.html

Gold Member
Username: Tremor1127

Team Fi Car Audio [:-]

Post Number: 2077
my friends got one of those batteries, stats seem good and its compact size is nice.

he hasnt used it though. hes been trying to piece a system together since like this time last year. its probably for sale by now knowing him.

Gold Member

Post Number: 1439
In my situation, would you use this as the starter battery or as a 2nd battery in back? If as a 2nd battery, what would I need? I know I need extra wire. Would I need an Isolator?

Gold Member
Username: Th3pwn3r

Post Number:...

Post Number: 3983
There's probably something wrong in your charging system.

Gold Member

Post Number: 1440
^^elaborate?

Gold Member

San Diego

Post Number: 2585
Stinger uses flat plate technology which is superior to Optima and that is a great price no doubt. I just wonder how much shipping will be on that heavy SOB or is it close enough to where you can swing by and pick it up?

Gold Member

Post Number: 1441
Yeah, its about a 30-45 minute drive.

Gold Member

San Diego

Post Number: 2587
Cool then. That battery goes for $199 + $36.45 shipping to your zip so that's a very good deal. I would buy it immediately. But like Rob said, make sure it isn't something wrong with your electrical so you don't wind up having the same problem all over again.

http://www.hifisoundconnection.com/Shop/Control/Product/fp/vpid/1333947/vpcsid/0 /SFV/30046

Gold Member

Post Number: 1442
I guess I should have clarified that the voltage is dropping with music playing as high as I'll ever turn it, while at idle. Just 2 days ago, I re-did my grounding, I mean the surface is shiny metal. and cleaned up the grounding areas of the big 3 which were still really clean, and shiny cause I made sure I was gonna do it right the first time. I even cut my ground wire down cause I didnt make it short enough the first time. My ground was about 3'4" ft long. now its just under 2 ft long.

Gold Member
Username: Insearchofbass

Post Number: 6005
do a batcap by batexstatic and be done with the issue and if you have a capacitor you can sell it batcaps work better without caps...check them out on ebay

Gold Member

Post Number: 6006
no isolator needed and very compact and lightweight

Gold Member

Post Number: 1443
This?

http://cgi.ebay.com/800-Farad-Cap-XStatic-BatCap-800-NEW-w-Free-Shipping_W0QQite mZ220135675609QQihZ012QQcategoryZ50547QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Will this help keep the voltage up? The voltage drop is at the amp.

Gold Member

Post Number: 6377
If you have HO alternator, then I'd forgo batcaps. Not needed.
I don't know why people prefer to hook up multi batteries without an isolator. Makes no sense. Why in the world would you jeopardize the starter battery? If you never left your house, then it's okay, but if the car's used daily, why risk it?
Maybe I'm naive, but isolator makes sense perfectly to me.
Caps are not useless. If used properly, it has it's advantages.

Gold Member
Username: Drivingreckless

DD 9515f, 148.2 db Mov...

Post Number: 3848
Find a better ground

Gold Member

Post Number: 6010
Isaac....why do you sy skip the batcap if he has the ho alternator? Wouldnt the fast refresh rate and high amperage reserve like 400 amps for 5-8 seconds be worthwhile in his case? And the reason I said sell the cap would be because batcaps are better without them it says so straight from the manufacture

Gold Member
Username: Skibum12189

Cleveland

Post Number: 1174
chase freeman might still have a batcap for sale ask him??

Gold Member

Post Number: 1444
I dont have a cap...lol

Driving believe me the ground is PERFECT!

Gold Member

Post Number: 6380
Sean, I'm not completely sold on batcaps. I know they sound like a miracle product on paper, but I couldn't "hear" any difference.
I know there are lot of isolator bashers, but that product makes sense to me. It really works.

Gold Member

Post Number: 6013
my cousin used mine and said he went from light dimming to no dimming and I talked to spl competitors who liked them.....but nothin wrong with your wantin the proof in the pudding

Gold Member

Post Number: 6014
I hooked it up to an amp and indoor speakers low watt and all I can say is it definatley worked

Gold Member

Post Number: 6381
That's good. I couldn't see any difference. I used HO alternator, cap, and isolator.

Silver Member
Username: Oneracistguy

TWO EGG, FL USA

Post Number: 830
batcaps is the best for the money and size and power
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us