OT: Good HU

Silver Member
Username: Dub_c

Post Number: 269
I am lookin for a good HU, with MP3 and that has more than 4V preouts, price, I dont know a price limit, just tell me some.

Gold Member
Username: Safe_cracker

Chicago, IL US

Post Number: 3103
Pioneer 9800BT.. Or Premier 980BT..

I myself chose the 9800 over the 980 more features I would use over the premiere unit... Polo.

Silver Member

Post Number: 270
Alright alright, some more!

Gold Member
Username: Ctmike

Ct.

Post Number: 4844
http://www.cardomain.com/item/KENKDCX891

http://www.cardomain.com/item/ECLCD5100?vq_id=none

http://www.cardomain.com/item/CLADXZ775USB

quick search>you

Silver Member
Username: Skibum12189

Cleveland

Post Number: 1000
I might have Premier 680 for sale for the right price

Gold Member
Username: The_image_dynamic

San Diego

Post Number: 2429
I agree with Polo except the part about the 9800BT having more features than the 980BT. They are identical except for the Premier badging and the warranty.

Gold Member
Username: Johnfiac

A-ToWn, 9515 thumpin... What u bumpin?

Post Number: 3401
JCV-KDg820 once again.... 3 sets of outputs, front\rear\subs\ has MP3 and usb support, 4V preout. Only costs about 160$ shipped from ebay. By far the best HU ive used yet. For the price its unbeatable. I honestly would think the HU would sell for 400$+ from the quality ive seen from it. Also has a really nice EQ built in.

Silver Member

Post Number: 271
Aiight more!

Gold Member
Username: The_image_dynamic

San Diego

Post Number: 2467
You don't need more.... get the Premier 760

thread\

Gold Member
Username: Delsole

Post Number: 1321
get an eclipse HU. everyone has pioneer why would you wanna be a biter.

Gold Member
Username: 420alldaylong

Post Number: 2334
http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_7463_Eclipse+CD4000.html

Silver Member
Username: Imalik

SD2.5......ED9.1=Boom, New Jersey Lord Protect...

Post Number: 476
I know ctmike posted the Kenwood Excelon KDC-X891 very nice HU with 5v preouts, just a better price here
http://www.woofersetc.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=product.display&Product_ID=5448

Gold Member
Username: Nd4spd18

Southeast PA

Post Number: 3107
Go eclipse if you've got money........ they are the best HUs I've seen.

If you want one with USB, the JVC KD-AR880 is the obvious choice........ I have one and I like it. Only complaint is that it powers the remote wire all the time when the ignition is on even if the units not turned on. But thats a minor issue, the USB works great. BTW get the AR series not G series, those are not as good and have lower preamp voltage.

Silver Member

Post Number: 272
Thanks fellas, I thinkin of goin with the Eclipse CD4000, good price, good features.

Gold Member
Username: Tremor1127

Team Fi Car Audio [:-]

Post Number: 2011
good choice, i liked mine.

premiers are nice too, im running one now...

Gold Member

Post Number: 2342
DUB C

Better jump on that eclipse CD4000 quick theres only one left. Great head unit a friend of mine has one but he payed alot more.
http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_7463_Eclipse+CD4000.html

Silver Member

Post Number: 273
Well I dont need it right away, plus I found another place with the same price, just in case, but thanks for the warning.

Gold Member

Post Number: 1322
i had a cd4000 and i loved in till it got stolen, now i have a cd7000 that i bought, i just cant seem to find a car worthy enough to put it in.

Gold Member
Username: Johnfiac

A-ToWn, 9515 thumpin... What u bumpin?

Post Number: 3408
Ms are you sure it powers it when its turned off? You could have the remote wire wired in wrong, i notice some people tend to wire the remote to the 12V+ (not constant) so it activates by the ignition key rather then the remote output wire it has for amps. But i havnt had that HU to really say. Im going to check the specs on that one right now.... i like JVC HU's they pWn every other one ive seen\used. Its going to be a SEPERATE stereo from my stock, im mounting it external and leaving all stock connected. Just getting kick panels and such to mount them in... i want to be able to use my stock hu for everything else it does... computer managment, on star, ect.

Silver Member

Post Number: 274
I was lookin at the CD5000, and for the extra $ it seems worth it! 8V preouts is sweet! I got a question for those who have messed with HU navigation, I see its not as colorful as the 7000, but how are they as far as navigation goes(as is does it NAVIGATE GOOD?)? Can you really see clearly in that tiny screen?

Silver Member

Post Number: 275
Anyone?

Silver Member
Username: Mendonmafia

USA

Post Number: 332
a lot of amps dont even accept 5volt pre outs and besides 4 volts is good enough for 99.9% of applications unless your car is completely rattle free and has absouletely no road noise and all or your speakers and amps are amazing.

as for the nav i have no clue never had one before.

Silver Member

Post Number: 276
I dont know about that, I got 2 amps that can take 8V, IM STILL WONDERING ABOUT THE NAVIGATION.

Gold Member
Username: Blainew

Post Number: 2493
premier deh780mp FTW!!!!!!!!!!!

Silver Member
Username: Renegadesrun

Lafayette, IN US

Post Number: 922
I can get you a deal on the 5100 (we are in the next model year), and I will throw the Navi add on in at cost.

Yes it works well, yes you can see it, but it doesnt matter if you miss seeing it on the screen becuae your doing something important like say....driving...., it will tell you your next turn through the left speaker upon approach.

The unit is around 400, the GPS (area shot) is about 120.

Im running off the 06' sheet, wont be able to quote correctly till Monday.

Gold Member
Username: Extrmndor3

Post Number: 6415
ill get the eclipse... i have the 980bt is kind of cool but i would get the cd7000 if i had the money :-(

Silver Member

Post Number: 277
Renegadesrun how much then.

Silver Member

Post Number: 278
I'm jus gonna go with the CD5000, I cant see payin over $400 for just a HU, plus the 5000 has 8V preouts, gotta luv that!

Gold Member

Post Number: 2388
DUB C

Where are you getting the Eclipse CD5000 and how much? If you don't mind me asking

Silver Member

Post Number: 279
I dont know, it might be a while, Imma use pricegaber and see which is the cheapest site it comes out with, why you wanna know?

Gold Member

Post Number: 2391
The friend that has the CD4000 might be looking to upgrade if the price is right. Because his neighbor wants to buy his CD4000.

Gold Member

Post Number: 1348
http://www.cartronixplus.com/templates/detailnf_price.cfm?zq=28765545&uas=N&glob aldesc=na&rnumb=1146&wherefrom=SEARCH&whichord=167589&department=ALL&class=N&spe cial=R&tablegraphic=%2Fimages%2F&sold=N&nextrow=Eclipse%20CD7000IDMP3cd7000&prev row=Eclipse%20CD7000IDMP3cd7000&nextprev=0&subclass=ALL&subname=na&pagename=Onli ne%20Store%20%3E%20%20%20%3E%20ALL%20%3E%20&CFID=157446&CFTOKEN=8d13be51c1ab19aa -24752B36-9027-14E6-E60E700260ABB083

if i remember correctly thats were i got mine. its not a 5000 or a 4000 but its pretty cheap.

Gold Member
Username: Nd4spd18

Southeast PA

Post Number: 3125
@ Killa

It powers the remote wire when the unit is turned off, IF it is set to display the clock when it's off. If it is not set to display the clock all the time, it does not power the remote wire when its off. It does it when the ignition is on and the unit is off. When the ignition is off, everything goes off.

It's an annoyance but I can deal with it.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us