Type R

Bronze Member
Username: B3n07

Louisville, Ky USA

Post Number: 99
ok i have heard alot of you all talk about alpine Type R subs could you all tell me about them. are they underrated overrated, do they have good bass and what kinda of amp do you think i should get for 4 of them

Gold Member
Username: Ctmike

Ct.

Post Number: 4889
can handle more than rated power nicely. sq is decent. i'd say they're definately overrated as alot of people on many forums tend to think they're the greatest subs ever. actually first subs i bought when i got back into car audio a little over a year ago. nice starter sub, but not worth msrp for sure. imagine a kicker cvr with a little less output and slightly better sq. if going with 4 of them, i'd say a pair of sundown 1500ds' would work nicely.

Silver Member

Louisville, Ky USA

Post Number: 101
ok well as you know i have two kickers right now and i am feed up with them i wish i would have never bought them there that lame theres like no bass coming from them and i think my little brother can yell louder than them and i am wanting some super heavy bass

Gold Member

Ct.

Post Number: 4890
cvr's right? well equal install, power, etc. cvr will edge out the type r. and don't you have a prefab bandpass? get a nice box for them and make sure you're feeding them enough power and you'll like them alot more. remember, you can upgrade to another sub but if putting them in shi_tty boxes, you'll be just as dissapointed in them as well.

Silver Member

Louisville, Ky USA

Post Number: 102
any advice of how to make the cvrs last till i can get some new subs also iu have a hifonics BXI600.1 feeding to them

Gold Member

Ct.

Post Number: 4892
just set the gains correctly, make sure to not clip them to death and you should be fine. they'll probably see about 700wrms each at most from that amp. i was giving a 15" cvr around that, maybe a bit more, for several months with no problems. and get a better box built for them.

Silver Member

Louisville, Ky USA

Post Number: 103
about how many volts would you say set it to

Gold Member

Ct.

Post Number: 4893
match the gain to the preout voltage of your hu.

Silver Member

Louisville, Ky USA

Post Number: 104
so set it to 4 volts
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us