Couple electrical questions...

Gold Member
Username: Snarl2004

Audioque 12 SD2.5s, Earthquake P...

Post Number: 1486
1) When upgrading alternator the wires u need to upgrade are alternator to + battery. Battery - to where alternator bolts to engine. Are there any other wires i need to upgrade?

2) When adding a second battery do i need 2 inline fuses? (One after the first battery and one after the second battery)

3)If i need 2 different inline fuses (one after each battery) can u use 2 200amp fuses (im running a Massive Audio P3000.1)

4) Will a 220 full and 175 idle alternator do the trick for this system?

Thanks for the help.

Gold Member
Username: Bernymac

BME

Post Number: 3128
1) Big 3
2) I did mines like this
Front battery
Fuse
Second Battery
Fuse
Amps
3) Base your fuse size on the size of your wire, not the amp.
4) Yes that will be fine for running 1 massive p3k.1

Gold Member

Post Number: 1487
1) yes i no i have to do the big three i was jw what the thrid one is i con only remember 2
2)sounds good
3) In the manual the P3000.1 says use a 200amp fuse but the wire is all 0/1 AWG so wut amp fuse should i use?
4)Sweet

Thanks

Gold Member

BME

Post Number: 3130
alt + to batt +
batt - to chassis/frame -
chassis/frame - to engine block (anywhere on the engine block, but not at a location such as the header or oil pan.)

I use a 300amp inline fuse for my massives

Gold Member

Post Number: 1488
so u have 2 300 amp fuses. One after each battery? Also how do u like u massvies?

Gold Member

BME

Post Number: 3131
I have a total of 4 300amp inline fuses, 2 after the front batt, and 2 after the back battery to the amps. I like the massives because I know I have over 5000rms. for 1, I never get low to 12.6 volts and I stay above 13.5 volts. So I'm probaly getting 5600-5700rms out of my amps. Their good, but trying to sell them is hard, resale value is pretty low, so I decided to keep mines and probaly go with another one, making it 3 3000.1's.

Gold Member

Post Number: 1489
also when wiring subs to them im planning on getting 1 DVC 1ohm sub and wiring it to a 2ohm load. I no i do + on amp to + on sub. - on amp to - on sub. + and - together on sub. But to get the full power from the P3000.1 do i attach the wires like this:?

Upload

Gold Member

BME

Post Number: 3132
yeah, thats how mines are hooked up, I'll go look at it later and tell you.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us