Sub position

Silver Member
Username: Kaprese

Walstonburg, NC USA

Post Number: 226
I finished building my Sub box for my 2 pioneer 12's with the slot port on the left side tuned to around 30hz(subs and port on same side)....I drive a 1995 Saturn Sl2 the trunk space is kinda small but the box will fit.My question is should I aim the the subs and port really close to the rear of the trunk or should I have them behind the rear seats aiming towards trunk.

The reason I am asking is the box will be like a wall almost completely sealing off the trunk from the cabin the only airflow it has is thru the reardeck speaker holes which are 6.5

Gold Member
Username: Ctmike

Ct.

Post Number: 4800
only person that can decide which box position would be best is you. try it out different ways and see what you like best.

Silver Member

Walstonburg, NC USA

Post Number: 227
I am open to suggestions......Do you guys think I should even have the sub and port fire into the cabin since my rear seats also fold down I am trying to go for SPL

Silver Member

Walstonburg, NC USA

Post Number: 228
I know that mike but I am just asking for any one who has experience with port and sub aiming....and anyways thats alot of taking out and putting in taken account I have to take off my trunk lock to even get the box in so I really didn't want to do alot of taking out and putting in

Gold Member
Username: Ctmike

Ct.

Post Number: 4801
personally i've always faced my sub/port to the rear, with box pushed back close to the seats.

Gold Member
Username: Safe_cracker

Chicago, IL US

Post Number: 3036
The most convenient spot would be right behind the back of the seat, subs facing rear. The best sounding I have found in every car I have owned (owned 31) that if you push it as far back to the rear as possible leaving only 4-5 inches of space sounds the best! I think the reason for this is that it helps with phase cancellation, more energy is put into making the bass and less being cancelled out by bouncing around. Try them both ways and you decide...Polo. :-)

Silver Member

Walstonburg, NC USA

Post Number: 232
Alright thanks guy's also I have 1 more question I have a old kenwood amp etting around I never plugged it up but it has a button called a Expander (on or off) what does this do and how will this affect anything
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us