Flip out vs double din

Gold Member
Username: Splmonster

C-Town, OH USA

Post Number: 1334
well im thinking of gettin either a flip out or double din, wat are the ups and downs to each. the only reason im leanin more towards a flip out is because a double din would always be there juss askin someone to steal it lol any other suggestions and maybe some brand or model suggestions

Platinum Member
Username: Bestmankind

SQ = SoundSplinter RL-s

Post Number: 14177
with the flip outs you have to install the brain somewhere else in your car. the double din is all built in to the hu.

Gold Member
Username: Blainew

Post Number: 2371
"with the flip outs you have to install the brain somewhere else in your car"

what!?

Bronze Member
Username: Visitor

Middleofnowhere, Minnesota USA

Post Number: 27
Not always true by any means. many new flip outs have no external brain. pioneer avh 5700, jensens,(if you are into them) clarion has a few. all those are all in one units.

i would recommend double din if you have the room. the flip out's gears seem to go out/ get slower alot faster than the double din. the double dins also have removable faceplates (depending on model #), the same as any other unit..

Silver Member
Username: Mrskullz1

Brooklyn, New York

Post Number: 624
^ yea..

also IMO.....the double din always looked cleaner than a flipout. Looks more professional...but thats jus me lol

Platinum Member

SQ = SoundSplinter RL-s

Post Number: 14178
pioneer avh-p5700 is a piece of sh!t. usually the higher end models have external brains.

Gold Member

C-Town, OH USA

Post Number: 1335
u mean most double dins have removable faceplates?

Gold Member

C-Town, OH USA

Post Number: 1336
u mean most double dins have removable faceplates? and yea i thought they looked cleaner, but i juss thought they had to stay put you couldnt lock it up in your glove compartment. so wat are some recomendations on double dins

Platinum Member

SQ = SoundSplinter RL-s

Post Number: 14179
forgot to add......you are fukkking lucky you have space for a double din. i want a double din in my car so bad. lol.

i was looking at the kenwood double din and they are very nice. get the one with navi. also it has a nice size harddrive so you can use a flash drive to transfer all your songs on to it. i forgot what size though.

Gold Member

C-Town, OH USA

Post Number: 1339
wat kenwood double din is there only one? gotta model number? and when u say put it on there with a flash drive do that mean i could use it kinda like an ipod, so i wouldnt need cd's?

Platinum Member

SQ = SoundSplinter RL-s

Post Number: 14180
http://www.woofersetc.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=product.display&Product_ID=5595

its an awesome unit. i saw it installed on a car at a shop and i love it. the indash i will be getting will be a kenwood. i wish i can put a double din on my car.

Gold Member

C-Town, OH USA

Post Number: 1341
dayum that looks awsome, but i was gon try n keep it under 1k cuz i got some stuff layin around to sell so if i sell it all i'll have like 600-700 bucks. any other good lookin double dins for under 1k u can think of, that looks so freakin awsome but i dont think i could justify droppin more than 1000 bucks on it hahaha

Bronze Member
Username: Visitor

Middleofnowhere, Minnesota USA

Post Number: 28
Chad- I'm not going to argue with you about which units you like or don't. the fact is- many do not have brains. that is all i was saying.

cheers

Platinum Member

SQ = SoundSplinter RL-s

Post Number: 14181
i know what you meant. i was just expressing my feelings for the avh-p5700 cause i used to own that unit.

cheers right back at you:-)

Platinum Member

SQ = SoundSplinter RL-s

Post Number: 14182

Silver Member
Username: Dakangofkrunk16

Post Number: 758
What yall toasting too

Silver Member
Username: Basssquared

Kansas

Post Number: 962
Chad what sucked about the pioneer?

Platinum Member

SQ = SoundSplinter RL-s

Post Number: 14183
the sq and the lack of options.

Gold Member
Username: Shortysetnies

Rock Vegas, NC US

Post Number: 1428
I just installed my double din (IVA-W200) and I love the look of it. If you have space for a double din, go for it man. I haven't gotten a chance to check out the features on it nor have I got to hear it but going on looks, I love it.

Gold Member
Username: Jakeyplaysbass

St. Louis, MO

Post Number: 1851
http://www.woofersetc.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=product.display&Product_ID=5034

...played with one of them today. great overall d-din. it has the best ipod control of anything ive seen and its super easy to use.

the car it was in was a straight sq car which also had a clarion DRZ-9255(amazing x100 sq) in the glovebox.:-)

Gold Member

C-Town, OH USA

Post Number: 1343
how is clarion's durability? i havent heard anything good about clarion lol i just want to have a durable cheap double din, that will have good features for my system, and looks nice. oh and are they anymore complicated to hook up than a regular head unit?

Gold Member

St. Louis, MO

Post Number: 1852
ive had my clarion flipout for 2 1/2 years and ive never had any problems with it. im going to get the one in the link above when i do my next major upgrade. the only thing i dont like about it is you have to buy a seperate unit for navigation. however if you do get the nav it is extremely fast. yesterday i started in st louis, MO and my end distination was san diego, CA. it took less than a second to map it out, which is pretty crazy.

Gold Member
Username: Extrmndor3

IF U HEAR ME... crazydbs.com

Post Number: 5979
a headunit that has a brain will always be superior than a flip out that is all in one... since it will be unverable to clipping and some noise plus it will take all the parts that makes and transfer noise away from the easy weak parts....

a double din is so awesome...

a true flip out with navy that really has great touch response and a great sound with lots of features is eclipse i never seen another flip out that can beat an eclipse

Gold Member

St. Louis, MO

Post Number: 1854
If you get any kind of multimedia flipout or ddin your sq greatly decreases. some of the eclipses claim to have a 5volt preout, which is completely false. they have 2volt all the way until your 5/6 on the volume, which is going to be all distortion anyways.

Gold Member

C-Town, OH USA

Post Number: 1345
yea im thinkin bout redoin all my audio stuff, i wanna do some kind of sq/low end sub setup and i wanna do this double din setup. i deff wanna do a double din, but i dunno if i wanna do a navi unit, i juss want some options and prices so i know wat im gettin myself into.

Gold Member

C-Town, OH USA

Post Number: 1348
im lookin into the AVIC-D2, anyone here got experience with this unit?

Gold Member
Username: Extrmndor3

IF U HEAR ME... crazydbs.com

Post Number: 5984
the low end of the eclipse yeah they kind of su-ck but the navy functions makes them a great deal..

but the good eclipse are so awesome...
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us