Alpine type-r 12" MG-1912 Red Metal Cone, Chrome Basket

Username: Trethacker

Bremerton, WA USA

Post Number: 1
I have a set of subwoofers claiming to be Alpine and modeled as MG-1912 Type-R. They have red cones and chrome baskets. They claim to be 4ohms and handle 1000watts.

There are pictures of the exact same subs located at this URL: http://www.carstereo.com/forum/showthread.cfm?tid=23882

Unfortunately it appears that these are not real Alpine Type-R subwoofers and I am just trying to find out what they might really be. As the URL above indicates from way back in 2005, people are thinking that the subs are fake because Alpine Type-r subs look NOTHING like these whatsoever.

If anyone can help me, I am trying to get some kind of specs on them to build a decent box. They work good, but are not in proper airspace now and I want to give them all I can until they crap out on me.

Any help would really be appreciated and than you in advance for any knowledge on the true information on these knock-offs.

Gold Member
Username: Extrmndor3

IF U HEAR ME... crazydbs.com

Post Number: 5800
those are pyramids

Platinum Member
Username: Chaunb3400

Huntsville, Alabama U.S.

Post Number: 12546
^^^Yeah...no way to really tell what they are...best bet would be to sell them to some high school kid or local idiot...and start over

Gold Member
Username: 420alldaylong

Post Number: 2213
http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_1586_Volfenhag+ZX-4712DVX.html

Silver Member
Username: Rideredder

Cornell, IL USA

Post Number: 878
Yeah, I've seen those on eBay before. Besides the chrome basket, they look exactly like the Pyramids or Volfenhags.

Compare them to one of my Volfs.

Upload

Silver Member
Username: Kpa2727

Post Number: 279
i think it's a knock off sub, with alpine silk screened on, i mean come on look at the alpines cone on my new one, nothing like that.

Upload
Upload
Upload
Upload

Silver Member
Username: Kpa2727

Post Number: 283
Upload
Upload
Upload
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums