Odd Noises From The Type R

Username: Krom79

Lilburn, GA US

Post Number: 7
When i open up my trunk and listen to my sub i can hear the sub rattle or some shuttering noise of some kind (from the sub, not the sound of the car rattling). I have had this problem with multiple subs and multiple amps in my car. Everytime the sub makes that weird noise. Its not normal because i've compared it to everyone else's system I know. Does anyone have any idea what this is or even what im talking about?

Gold Member
Username: Oglejust

Post Number: 2183
whats ur gain at?

Silver Member
Username: Volfenhagking1600

SSD Wangin, Shawano, Wis... USA

Post Number: 838
i get that same noise and its not from the gain because i can turn it down all the way and turn it up just a notch and it will make that noise. so....bump for a good question

Gold Member
Username: Logan__tille

I make it rain.

Post Number: 8361
Try regrounding it.

Gold Member
Username: Insearchofbass

Post Number: 5514
its acoustics do not play it like that with the trunk open if you watch the excursion will be alot less trunk closed as compared to trunk open...some cars with the door only open it will almost double excursion.......my buddies truck does

Silver Member

Post Number: 839
"its acoustics do not play it like that with the trunk open if you watch the excursion will be alot less trunk closed as compared to trunk open...some cars with the door only open it will almost double excursion.......my buddies truck does"
nah...u can hear it coming out the the rearfill speaker holes with the trunk closed...

Gold Member

Post Number: 5516
then your over driving them

Gold Member

Post Number: 5517
oh wait I think your case is different....get that checked out asap

Gold Member

Post Number: 5518
and I would not play it until fixed

Silver Member

Post Number: 840
i dont think its that either
i can turn it down all the way and turn it up just a notch and it will make that noise.
Something wrong with the subwoofer(15 SSD)???

Gold Member
Username: Hdubb

Farmington, Nm Usa

Post Number: 2171
have you been usin the same box for all your subs?

Silver Member

Post Number: 841
ill try to get a vid tomorrow

Platinum Member
Username: James1115

Use a simple...

Post Number: 10129
if you have not been using the same box then next step try your sub and box in another one of your friends cars and see if it still does it. If not then it is your amp/wiring.

Platinum Member
Username: Rovin

4 10 Pioneer...

Post Number: 11758
like said above - could be overdriven & ur sub is bottoming out ......

Silver Member
Username: Kpa2727

Post Number: 271
i think he's hearing box slap or like my infinity did its glue seperated in the cone , take ur woofer why off and lay ur box facing the sky take ur finger and lightly tap on the edge around the coneif u get the metal slap then it's something with the woofer.

Lilburn, GA US

Post Number: 8
It has happend with all my subs and i dont over power them. first i had a 15 in. audiobahn with and audiobahn a8000t and it didn't make the sound. then i got 2 kicker solobaric L5s and ran them with the same amp and it made the noise. Now i have a 12" alpine type R in a custom box and an alpine mrpm650 amp running it and the noise remains. Maybe it is just the acoustics but u never hear that noise listening to subs in a store or other open areas

Gold Member

Farmington, Nm Usa

Post Number: 2176
it might just be something rattlin/vibrating in your car dos the noise continue if you take the loaded enclosure out of the car and play it? also what james said is a good idea try puttin it in a friends car and see if it continues

Lilburn, GA US

Post Number: 9
I havent tried that but I think it will still make the noise. Also, i just recently noticed that HIFI buys installed 2 rca cables running to my sub. Only one is plugged in but they both work. Isn't that kind of weird? would that have anyhthing to do with this problem?

Gold Member

Farmington, Nm Usa

Post Number: 2177
most decks now have two preouts now usually one for the front and subwoofer. looks like they ran both for you.

Silver Member

Post Number: 842
"i think he's hearing box slap " how do you fix that

Silver Member
Username: Kpa2727

Post Number: 275
box slap can be sometimes cured with a little poly fill but can also mean the box size is off. i'm hinkin it's ur car though i mean think about it you go from audio craps craptastic selection to some qualitystuff it's no wonder this started happening considering ur running more power, prob rattleing a hell of alot more stuff. if this is in a trunk check 2 things. check ur rear deck speakers see if thier rattleing. then check around the decks sil and see if anythings rattleing. lastly pull the box out set it on the cround an see what you hear. after rereading i think it's deff in ur rear deck of the car causing ur troubles.

Silver Member

Post Number: 843
its not from my car...i took out the box and set it on the ground and it still does it
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us