DVC wiring question

Username: Doconpoint1

Park Forest, IL

Post Number: 1
Hey, i'm kind of new to car audio guys and new to the site. So here's my question.

On the 12volt site it says that you can wire 2 subs with 4ohm DVCs so that a amp can read a 4ohm load. Now i was wondering if instead of a mono amp, you had a 2 channel, could you have each sub wired to read 4ohm total a piece so that you can have 1 sub hooked to 1 channel at 4ohm and the same for the other sub. And if not would it just be better to get a mono like i've been thinking about mainly. Thank you..

Park Forest, IL

Post Number: 2
sorry. i meant 2 subs with 4ohm DVCs so that a 2 channel amp could have each channel read a sub as having 2 ohms.

Silver Member
Username: Imalik

SD2.5......ED9.1=Boom, New Jersey Audioque...N...

Post Number: 409
Here you go
Upload

Park Forest, IL

Post Number: 3
Thanks. Is that diagram for a mono sub.

Park Forest, IL

Post Number: 4
oh, that was meant for your other diagram. But with the 2 ohm diagram, can u do that for each woofer with a 2 channel so each channel sees a 2 channel load.

Silver Member

Post Number: 410
Its going to be a 2 ohm load no matter what kind of amp

Park Forest, IL

Post Number: 5
i know that it's going to be the load no matter what amp, i don't think u understand what i was trying to say. But thanks, i think i got what i was trying to say.

Silver Member

Post Number: 411
Lets see if I can give you a better answer..If you have 2 4ohm subs you can wire them at 1 ohm or 4 ohm...If you have 1, 4ohm sub you can wire it to 2 or 8 ohm...A mono amp will be better choice.

Park Forest, IL

Post Number: 7
I understand the options for ohm loads. U already answered my question though actually. But thanks for being so helpful anyways. I was just wondering about options for a 2 channel just in case. But i've been pretty set on a mono. Just making sure i understood my avenues.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us