Tip for you bass heads

Gold Member
Username: Insearchofbass

Post Number: 5448
we built 2.50 cubic foot box with a 16 square inch port tuned to 47 hz for the audioque 2.5 12 and hit a 141.7 db with the port in one placement and a 138.3db in another ....but I also believe where the port lays out inside the box demensional wise can help or hurt your score

Gold Member

Post Number: 5449
16 square inches should read 14 square inches

Platinum Member
Username: Bestmankind

SQ IS THE ONLY WAY

Post Number: 13926
nice.

how does that 47hz box sound with music?

Gold Member

Post Number: 5451
this box was built fo spl in iasca rookie class not music.....we tried the 47 hz tune thing on music with the american bass dx 10 contrary to opinion it wont play lower safely on music

Gold Member

Post Number: 5452
we put the american bass in 1.58 cubic feet to 46.6 hz and hit 135.7 but when we put it in 2.c feet at 47 hz it hit 133. something.....and the box program claimed a gain in the 2.50 cubic foot box.......so that proves programs arent always right and in this case it was off 2. something db.....disappointing but happy to learn real life tips at the same time

Gold Member

Post Number: 5453
we put the american bass in 1.58 cubic feet to 46.6 hz and hit 135.7 but when we put it in 2.50 cubic feet at 47 hz it hit 133. something.....and the box program claimed a gain in the 2.50 cubic foot box.......so that proves programs arent always right and in this case it was off 2. something db.....disappointing but happy to learn real life tips at the same time

Platinum Member
Username: Bestmankind

SQ IS THE ONLY WAY

Post Number: 13927
some pics sean. i would like to see the boxes you do. seems like you are having a lot of fun there. :-)

Gold Member

Post Number: 5456
honestly right now I design them.....have yet to build one....cut with a jigsaw once and a hole saw.....never was hands on with tools but in the future I will be......my bro builds the boxes right now or in the past my friends did.....learning while I wait to start my own builds by my hands though...as you can see

Gold Member

Post Number: 5457
heres what one looks like ....you can see the video 35 hz port tune 2.50 cubes net audioque 2.5 12 600 rms mtx 4501

Gold Member

Post Number: 5458
were up to a 142.4 db now with it

Gold Member

Post Number: 5459
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8bwKXrh6Pck

Silver Member
Username: Phil_salisbury

Post Number: 273
Well, first off, a program is only a tool and it making " claims " vs real world application it two completely different issue's because a program cannot account for factors that impact it.

If I had resources available to me, I would like nothing more than to build enclosure's at different spec's and test them with the sub it's design for to meter it's response and compare that to the programs modeled response.

In that I would learn where the real world of the outcome vs the program and then work towards better modeling the design with the program.

Gold Member

Post Number: 5460
yeah in car response can very alot with minor changes sometimes.....just firing forward ccompared to reverse forward was 3db less output ....changing positions though can boost low end bass and lower highend bass (so far low end ive seen extreme low end go up .8 db just by placement)

Gold Member
Username: Tdeaton1021

Near Tampa, Florida USA

Post Number: 4312
yes, placement of the port can change tuning as well. Pete at TTB was telling me about this....but i can't calculate it myself... why such a small port sean? that thing should have atleast double the port area for an all out SPL box. ... my first attempt at an SPL install for that sub would be 1.5 cuft with a 6 inch port tuned to w/e your car hits best at....well 7hz under.

Gold Member

Post Number: 5462
we are limited to 14 square inches because thats the limit for rookie class 1 in iasca....do you have a link to what pete was talking about?

Gold Member

Post Number: 5463
i had a similar idea as this a while back like a year ago

petes ttb personal page

For whatever reason, a traditional flare curves outward 45 degrees along a circular path. And though, with a wide enough curve, such flare contour does contribute to linear port velocity, the contour, itself, is not geometrically optimal. The idea first came to me as I was reading up on the "perfect port" geometry and wondered what would happen if the flares were to be replaced with small exponential horns.

Gold Member

Post Number: 5464
http://www.teamtoxicbass.com/~pete/local_initiatives/index.html

Gold Member

Post Number: 5465
http://www.teamtoxicbass.com/~pete/car_audio/project_hellboy/index.html

Gold Member
Username: Tdeaton1021

Near Tampa, Florida USA

Post Number: 4314
Man i cant believe they limit you to port area. I don't have a link to what he was talking about... you could ask him on his forum though, thats where it was anyways. www.hexibase.com/forum

i have read both of those links multiple times... i wonder if having a collector cavity on your box would help you out... heck you could put it in with duct tape and if it doesnt help take it out.

Silver Member
Username: Boomtank

Rochester, NY USA

Post Number: 313
are those numbers from a tl? legal? just wondering
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us