Rd alphas, system all done pics, and a video...

Silver Member
Username: Killer44

Ontario Canada

Post Number: 923
so i got the box carpeted and in the explorer the other day, here are some pics of the finished sub box and a couple of the explorer jsut got it about 3 weeks ago...the video is alright, late night tip as u can tell, the excursion is much better then the video shows, ill try to get better footage sometime this week...
http://s206.photobucket.com/albums/bb16/44killer44/?action=view&current=100_0099 .flv
http://s206.photobucket.com/albums/bb16/44killer44/?action=view&current=101_0103 .jpg
http://s206.photobucket.com/albums/bb16/44killer44/?action=view&current=101_0102 .jpg
http://s206.photobucket.com/albums/bb16/44killer44/?action=view&current=101_0101 .jpg
http://s206.photobucket.com/albums/bb16/44killer44/?action=view&current=100_0100 .jpg
http://s206.photobucket.com/albums/bb16/44killer44/?action=view&current=100_0098 .jpg
http://s206.photobucket.com/albums/bb16/44killer44/?action=view&current=100_0096 .jpg
http://s206.photobucket.com/albums/bb16/44killer44/?action=view&current=100_0095 .jpg
http://s206.photobucket.com/albums/bb16/44killer44/?action=view&current=100_0094 .jpg

Gold Member
Username: Southernrebel

Monroe, Louisiana DD 9515d~~]...

Post Number: 5043
explorer = a vehicle that can get LOUD if you know how :-)

Silver Member
Username: Basssquared

Kansas

Post Number: 791
wow i thought the alphas were supose to be pretty loud i couldn't hear the bass unless he was inside the car withing a foot of the subs

Gold Member
Username: Loudon

Post Number: 1278
something is wrong there pal ... wired up wrong or something ...

Gold Member
Username: Loudon

Post Number: 1279
need more power homie .. thats enough for one alpha def not two

Silver Member
Username: Showrides

Hartford, CT USA

Post Number: 854
Did you figure out the wiring?

Silver Member
Username: Jester_king

Post Number: 280
not to hijack but ben get on yahoo

Gold Member
Username: Jblanford

Post Number: 1617
you definitely got something wrong there...or just not enough power

Gold Member
Username: Hdubb

Farmington, Nm Usa

Post Number: 2123
yeah i was thinking kinda the lines of.....thats it? i wanted to see some excursion!

Gold Member
Username: Extrmndor3

IF U HEAR ME... crazydbs.com

Post Number: 5711
YOU HAVE THE SAME EX AS I DO :-)

Gold Member

Post Number: 1630
cept his isn't ghey :-)

Gold Member

Farmington, Nm Usa

Post Number: 2128
who you talkin to bout the ex? like exgirlfriend? lol ex sub?

Gold Member

Post Number: 1632
explorer

Gold Member

Farmington, Nm Usa

Post Number: 2129
lmao you gotta be specific with that sht. lol sorry

Gold Member
Username: The_image_dynamic

San Diego

Post Number: 2100
"who you talkin to bout the ex? like exgirlfriend? lol ex sub?"

Lil Rob aka Roberto Pequeño was married to a flamingly homosexual man named Chico.

Gold Member
Username: The_image_dynamic

San Diego

Post Number: 2102
Joto Chico to be specific.

Upload

Gold Member

Farmington, Nm Usa

Post Number: 2130
you like that pic so much you had to double post it lol?

Gold Member

Farmington, Nm Usa

Post Number: 2131
nevermind looks like once was enough

Gold Member
Username: Extrmndor3

IF U HEAR ME... crazydbs.com

Post Number: 5712
Upload

SO WHA TYOU ALL THINK LIFT THE TRUCK 3 INCHES AND PUT MUD TIRES MAYBE 32 INCHES TIRES WITH THE 20S OR GET 24 WITH LOW PROFILE TIRES???

IF MY MOM DOESNT NEED MY TRUCK TOMORROW IM GOING TO INSTALL MY FLOWMASTER EXHAUST :-) ILL MAKE A VIDEO FOR YA :-)

Gold Member
Username: Johnfiac

A-ToWn, Kingkong ain... I got Chuck ...

Post Number: 3240
hmmmm i think people are right..... even with 300rms each i would think those subs would have more excursion then that, are you sure they are wired right? what amp is that? i couldnt see any names or anything..

Gold Member

Farmington, Nm Usa

Post Number: 2137
thats all the power that hes giving those is 300 rms? at least 2000rms is what it would take to get them moving like they should

Gold Member

Post Number: 3242
no idea, im just saying from what the video looked like..... even 300rms each sub they should still have more excursion then i see. I think somthing is wrong.... gain to low or wiring problem.... 1000rms should still push the subs *decently*

Gold Member

Farmington, Nm Usa

Post Number: 2138
oh ok i got you now. your saying that theu should have more exc if 300 was hooked up to them. ok

Silver Member

Ontario Canada

Post Number: 924
no like i siad, they are mad loud and yeah i figured out the wiring showrides, the video does not do the excusrion justice....i got them like u said showrides, all the positive together to tthe one positive on the amp and the negatives the same way...unless the bass nob should be all the way up...cuz i only go it like not even 1/4 up...

Gold Member
Username: Trey4sports

Post Number: 1375
thats all the power that hes giving those is 300 rms? at least 2000rms is what it would take to get them moving like they should

nope. very very efficient. evan did a 147 on music with 2 18 alphas off of 800 watts total power

Silver Member

Ontario Canada

Post Number: 925
yeah im gunna get the mettered next weekend hopefully then we will see if they are running properly and ill chekc my wiring again...

Gold Member

Post Number: 1640
"nope. very very efficient. evan did a 147 on music with 2 18 alphas off of 800 watts total power"

in a wall...lol

Silver Member

Ontario Canada

Post Number: 926
yeah i think im doing around low 140's like its weird i look at the sub then look at it with the camera im using and they look like they are not moving at all...its weird, they are plenty loud for me right now, maybe ill get the 3520.1 soon, and kevin or showride or even the guy from rd (sorry cant remember his name steve i think,,,?) should the bass knob be all the way up cuz it doesnt seem to be like a regular knob it sounds like when i turn it its turning on the amp, well ont really but i dont know how to explain it...

Gold Member

Farmington, Nm Usa

Post Number: 2150
yeah thy are eff trey but imagine how much you would gain if you doubled 800 watts? 147 isnt that bad but for 2 18s but you should be like low to mid 150s music imo but yeah they are extremely eff subs and i plan on givin mine 2k a piece. i am excited.

Silver Member
Username: 04redmach1

Columbus, GA USA

Post Number: 954
Hey Killer, shoot me an email right quick.

Kevin
lowhz01@yahoo.com

Gold Member
Username: 420alldaylong

Post Number: 2144
This is how they need to be wired. 1ohm
http://www.cardomain.com/shop/wooferwizard.pl?num_of_subs=2&impedance_of_subs=4o hm_dvc&x=127&y=12

Those subs should be wangin with that RD 1750.1

Platinum Member
Username: Bestmankind

SQ IS THE ONLY WAY

Post Number: 13947
hunter low to mid 150s with 2 18s on 4000wrms? damn those must be some super subs or something. with that statement you are saying guys like pipo sanchez (doing mid 150s on music) don't know what he is doing.

here is his sytem

http://www.termpro.com/asp/competitorstats.asp?Competitor_ID=34042&Season=2007&P age=3

must be the ac mic set to read super high or something. unless its metered on tl don't even bother posting numbers.

Bronze Member
Username: Teamrevolution

ATLANTA, GA USA

Post Number: 36
they have a TL. he was doing 147 with around 800-1000 watts he was around 149.5-150.6 on music with 2.5k or a little more and when he did that 150.6 he was test right about 140 @ 20hz test tone. He has 8 12" classics now but im not sure about numbers now he doesnt have the right amp yet. We also have a guy doing 148+ on music when we tested it with four 15" alpha but the wall isnt done yet. It is more of a 1/2 wall now and he only is running around 3500+ watts he is adding 2 more amps and two more batteries within two weeks. he should be playing music in the low 150's around 151-152+ Alphas work very well for playing loud music and going very low and sounding great. If you looking for monster burp numbers use the Elite SPL v.2 or the SHW series

Gold Member

Farmington, Nm Usa

Post Number: 2153
ot trying to put anyone down that was my personal opinion and it bold a little too bold but i do feel that it should have been close.

Silver Member
Username: Kpa2727

Post Number: 195
i noticed that ipod mini wired, if your running that for music use a cd when u make a vid or really wanna do your best bass. cause on my pioneer hu i get a decent volume and bass loss from my ipod.

Bronze Member

ATLANTA, GA USA

Post Number: 37
i think if he would have had the right power for the 18's he would be over 153 with 5k np

Gold Member

Farmington, Nm Usa

Post Number: 2155
yeah but i opened my mouth a lil too wide gues we were talking 4k but i was pretty close with my opinions. oh and steve i need to proly call you like today or tomorrow i am ready for ma alphas let me know when you van talk....

Bronze Member

ATLANTA, GA USA

Post Number: 38
when ever email me a phone number and ill call you tomarrow or call the office. If im not there leave a message with someone and ill call u back. I am traveling the Midwest for the next couple days to add a few more shops to the team.

Gold Member
Username: Trey4sports

Post Number: 1377
steve, cmon man hit Missouri wit a shop!

Gold Member

Post Number: 3244
hmmm maybe it is the camera then. The subs are wired down to 1 ohm im guessing Alpha is Dual 4ohm only right?(all positive togethor and all neg togethor).... what is the amp rated at?

Gold Member

Post Number: 2148
The alphas killer has are dual 4ohm not sure about the new ones. And the amp is rated at 1750x1 at 1ohm maybe a little underated.

Gold Member

Post Number: 2149

Gold Member

Post Number: 3245
should deff move them subs more then the video shows.

What kind of camera was that (please dont say camera phone)

Gold Member

Post Number: 2154
If everything is wired right change out the box.

Silver Member
Username: Basssquared

Kansas

Post Number: 813
KILLER GOT PWNED

Silver Member

Ontario Canada

Post Number: 927
its a canon power shot s45, digital camera im jsut using the video mode on it...and the box is build exactly to rd's specs like i said im gunna see if some of my friends have a good video camera to use, as for the ipod, im using it cuz my cd player skips cuz the dash is vibrating so much from the bass, so im gunna get a new one, but i tried taking the cd player out and holding it so it wouldnt be affected by the vibrations and it worked good and was way louder then with the ipod, so im buying a new hu soon, prob in the next couple weeks, most likely a double din dvd player...
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us