OT- Soundshop & Noobs

Gold Member
Username: Johnfiac

A-ToWn, Kingkong ain... I got Chuck ...

Post Number: 3172
Ok, so im at the soundshop asking them what they would charge to just run my power cable threw my car for me, they said 100 for a run of 0gauge... i asked "what if i had the 0gauge already that i bought from you, its kicker hyperflex" he said then it costs 80$... i asked why it costed me 100$ for the wire then... he walked away... tryed to play me for a dumbazz :\ i called another place and they said 50+10fee since i didnt buy the wire from them.... sounds fishy huh?

I was also talking to some guy who brought his amp to the shop since it blew.... he tried to say some other stuff made me laugh.... (THe amp he returned was a NITRO 2000watt amp and he said it bangs hard) pos amp if i remember right... but he said his last setup had 4 15" i forget what brand, on 2 2ch power acoutstik amps and was hitting 160's daily and had to reinforce the back windshield with 1" plexiglass.... kinda makes me think i know alot more about sounds then i thought.... i find it impossible to do what he was saying, and the subs werent anything good i rememeber that much. Also..... hes using prefab boxes.....

Noob trying to play people with knowledge of how it works never works... he didnt even know you can get a H\O alt.. he said caps stop dimming for ANYTHING... yea right

Thought some of you might get a good laugh outta that one

Gold Member
Username: 420alldaylong

Post Number: 2044
Thanks for the laugh I needed it today.

Gold Member

Post Number: 3175
Your almost always gauranteed to get a good laugh by going into a sound shop and asking prices\questions or just talking to some other customer

Gold Member
Username: 420alldaylong

Post Number: 2047
Yeah I know if it isn't mainstream they think its cr@p because they never heard of it and they say they been in car audio for years and they think they know everything. Heres some companys I drop on them.

Ascendant Audio
AudioQue
Digital Design=DD
Stereo Integrity
Revolution Design=RD
TC Sound
Sundown Audio
Fi=What the hell does Fi stand for?
Resonant Engineering=RE Some know about it

Gold Member

Post Number: 3178
This store actually JUST started carrying RE not to long ago... not sure of what exactly but they only have 1 07XXX, i dont even think they kno what to do with it Hahahaha i asked if they had a demo setup and they said no, i asked if they could hook up a demo, and they said no again, i asked why, he said the sub costs to much and he cant sell it for the "NEW" price if he hooks it up in the demo.... i asked him after "But then who is going to spend $1000+ on 1 subwoofer if they never heard it, and most of your customers dont even know what RE is"
Then he kinda just turned his head and started talking to an emmployee.. but ya... they mostly carry mainstream junk, and over price things. I asked for the price of the Zx2500.1 today and he told me 975$ i just kinda giggled and said im going to ebay for that... i asked what warranty came with it as well... "1 month with us, 1 yr., with kicker"

deff.. not worth the extra 200$ expeccialy with them installing it, i dont trust them after today. A customer came in complaining about his fuses ALWAYS blowing, he said this is like the 10th time he had to come back because the inline keeps blowing, he also said he just had the system installed last week by them. When they replaced the fuse and the sounds came on.... it didnt even bang that hard or low, he was using a Fosgate 10001bd with 2 15's.

When i was running just 1 of my 9515's on the JBL BP1200.1 it was still louder then what he had. It really made me look down on the installs they do, deff not worth the money.

Gold Member
Username: Logan__tille

Team RevolutionImortal Box ...

Post Number: 8117
They have to make money somewhere.

Gold Member
Username: Wingmanalive

A pic is worth 1000 posts!!

Post Number: 7588
Since I ship alot on Ebay I find myself in need of boxes frequently. Where's a good place to find them? Supermarkets and liquor stores are good. If you want to laugh then check out the dumpsters behind a BB or CC installation center.

I mean what a riot. Xplod boxes everywhere. Manuals are thrown away, spare parts are ditched, broken prefab boxes.....it's comical.

My guess as to why they chuck the manuals is so you can't compare their hack job to the manuals reccomendations. To give the few credit not all install centers are as bad but when you get a doozy..........

Gold Member
Username: Logan__tille

Team RevolutionImortal Box ...

Post Number: 8128
lmao I get mine behind factories.

Gold Member
Username: Wingmanalive

A pic is worth 1000 posts!!

Post Number: 7590
I don't think I've paid for bubble wrap or cardboard in my life. That sh1t is expensive!

Silver Member
Username: Boomtank

Rochester, NY USA

Post Number: 281
My friend got his system intsalled at CC and then after going back 4 times cause it wasn't as loud as he wanted it, he came to me and i looked at the amp/headunit setings...

they had the bass boost maxed out and the gain at 0. Then the head unit was so messed up i disconnected the battery to start from defaults. They messed with stuff i didnt know the unit had.

after 5 min of tuning he loved it. So we went back to CC and messed with the installers. They threw every excuse in the book at me. Made my day.

Gold Member
Username: Th3pwn3r

Post Number:...

Post Number: 3190
Is there any reason that people keep posting these stories?If I posted every story that dealt with a car audio noob you guys would be reading endlessly about the same thing over and over.Please stop with these retarded posts.We know there are car audio noobs out there and we know that a lot of car audio shops don't know as much as they'd like to.Killa next time you are on the southside go to Audio Pros(I think that's the name) It's on 88th and Cicero.Those guys are a huge joke.-Go there if you want some laughs...
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us