Anyone do a DD9515 in a 32hz box?

Gold Member
Username: Johnfiac

A-ToWn, Kingkong ain... I got Chuck ...

Post Number: 3134
I want to make the sub more musical rather then loud. I know its not a SQ sub but it will be used SQL but im not going for the high #'s only the low bass, my question is how would a DD9515 sound in a 32hz box? Has anybody tried it? I will still use the rec. port area for each sq. ft. so 6cu@32hz with 96sq. in. of port area. I sent DD a email asking about it but havnt got a response yet. Using Aeros as well

Gold Member
Username: Oglejust

Post Number: 1984
6 cubes is alot but 32hz sounds good

Gold Member
Username: 420alldaylong

Post Number: 1984
4.5cf aroud 35-38HZ

Gold Member

Post Number: 1991
has nothing to do w/ what he asked

Silver Member
Username: Northomaha

Post Number: 433
i remember seeing that tuning those subs lower than 40hz can hurt them but i could be wrong.

Bronze Member
Username: 350zspl

Delray beach , Florida Usa

Post Number: 51
i think the DD webiste recommends 40 hertz tuning for their line

Gold Member

Post Number: 1996
40 hz is awesome for dd and audioque but if u want some lows tune 32hz

Gold Member
Username: Killerzracing71

Fredericksburg, Virginia United states

Post Number: 1446
try it and c..... if u like it run it.... recomendations are made just to give you gaurenteed results in all playing fields....

try it..... chit tune it to 25hz LOL

Silver Member
Username: Andrew571

Stillwater/Edmond, Oklahoma USA

Post Number: 907
do it

Bronze Member
Username: Jayzbent

IL. USA

Post Number: 28
Give it a shot man its only a box it should do alright Im building my 9515 box 5^ft tuned to 38hz. I would go bigger but not enough room. Make sure its got lots o port DD loves da big ports

Gold Member
Username: Drivingreckless

DD 9515f, 147.8 db Mov...

Post Number: 3575
"Make sure its got lots o port DD loves da big ports"

thats for sure!!!!

Silver Member
Username: Jkidder

Spring hill, Florida Usa

Post Number: 807
go to dd forum where they eat sleep and breathe DD. they will let u kno exactly how any box u want to know will perform. some1 im sure has big box like that tuned to 32 with a 95.

Gold Member

Post Number: 3140
I have a bit of expierience but i want it GAURANTEED on the first time because of the difficulty this install will be, im doing looks and quality install. I rather it get low as it can over as loud as it can because i dont want SPL destroying this ride like the blazer. I heard somthing before saying the DD's dont like doing anything lower then 40hz but i may have misread it or it was being compared to the BTL 18 i forget what it was..... Also does anyone think it would be a good idea to remove the subwoofer that comes with the car? Removing it would give more airflow to the cabin IMO, its like a 6-8" sub in the center of the back under the window. Also it would stop the speaker from punching out from the bass...IMO it makes it sound sh1ty like that

Bronze Member

IL. USA

Post Number: 30
Yes remove it.

Silver Member
Username: Phil_salisbury

Post Number: 261
Killa,

There no such animal as to " GUARANTEED " that the enclosure built right out the gate is going to perform in the manner you want it and anyone telling you as much, they should shell the money out of their picket for the enclosure when it doesn't do so and if their so sure it will, then they won't mind betting say " their audio system " on it.

Gold Member

Post Number: 3148
im going to do 36hz now to.... im hoping it is about guaranteed thats why im asking for people who have tried these before me. The first box i built for the subs was excellent and was based on a design i got from DJ Langford. I only ended up changing the thickness of the wood since i couldnt find what i was looking for 1inch thick mdf sheets...and i added like 6inchs more port area

Gold Member
Username: Trey4sports

Post Number: 1309
i personally have no exp with DD or AQ. however ive read that with the higher tunning they still play down low pretty well, however when you tune low you sacrifice a lot more SPL than low-end extension you gain. so to me it would seem that anything below 34 or so with that sub would be sacrificing more spl and only gaining slight low-end.

Silver Member
Username: Cried

Erie, PA US

Post Number: 359
killa sell your dd and get an idmaxx if you're looking for sq.

Gold Member

Post Number: 3151
Naw i love the DD, im doing 36hz. Im gettin help from a lil some one again :-) it sshould turn out nice, and Trey i want to lose some SPL because these subs destroyed my last ride. Im not about to ruin a $26,000 car.... i want more SQ out of the subs AND sacrifice the SPL if i needed to i could always do 2 15's. If i do that i would get 2 Zx1500.1's but if im going with 1 sub im going with the Zx2500.1

Bronze Member

IL. USA

Post Number: 31
Sounds good to me I'd like to know how it turns out since you have a similar setup just different rides.

Gold Member

Post Number: 3152
similar to yours? what kind of ride do u have

Bronze Member

IL. USA

Post Number: 32
I meant as in power and single sub setup. Actually I have a 94 Integra GSR Hatch. I am running a Orion XTR Pro 2400 on my DD9515. Or I should say will be I just got the sub today I have to recone it for this amp. Sub had a blown coil. But got it cheap.

Username: Csuho

Nashville, Tn

Post Number: 2
i would do 4 cubes and 30sq of slot port but ur doing aeros but ya 32hz would be nice still get alot of low end but not lose the top end.

i did a 9012 back be4 they dropped them and then brought them back. but i ended up with a box tuned to 28hz and it was nice kinda sucked for upper bass but the low end was amazing.

i believe that jassa has said be4 that the 9515s were never built to be spl drivers.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us