Another 2nd batt thread lol

Gold Member
Username: Splmonster

C-Town, OH USA

Post Number: 1241
i know charlie has one down there, but i have a question of my own. i have 4 ga wire ran right now, and the stock batt up front. wats the cheapest way to make this work?

Gold Member
Username: Carguy

Post Number: 6311
What are you saying? You trying to add 2nd battery as well? Look at Charlie's thread cause your question is very similar.
If you like taking chances, you can just wire the 2 batteries in parallel and cross your fingers. I'd personally install an isolator/relay so that the starter battery doesn't get drained.

Gold Member

C-Town, OH USA

Post Number: 1244
well my main question was about the wire gauge, i thought id have to throw an isolator in there some where but i juss wondered cuz i have only 4 ga wire and a kinetik hc2000

Gold Member
Username: Oglejust

Post Number: 1997
u can do it... i use 2 ga

Gold Member

C-Town, OH USA

Post Number: 1246
bump

Gold Member
Username: Carguy

Post Number: 6316
Look at Charlie's thread. He posted a picture of adding 2nd battery. 4ga you already have is good enough.

Gold Member
Username: Trey4sports

Post Number: 1302
well i have a two batt setup. one is sealed in the back by my amp and a lead acid batt up front in the batt compartment. i drove it everyday for 2 weeks no porb. i jsut recently went about 5 ays w/o driving it and the batt was drained.

Gold Member
Username: Hdubb

Farmington, Nm Usa

Post Number: 2094
you can use 4 ga. from your bat under the hood to the battery in the back, because it is now just a charge line. it is more important to run your bigger line brom bat to bat or bat to amp. and isaac said the isolator is a good investment.

Gold Member

C-Town, OH USA

Post Number: 1260
wat exactly does a batt isolator do and can i get a link?

Silver Member
Username: Cried

Erie, PA US

Post Number: 355
bcae1 i dont have an exact link it is on the left hand side of the screen towards the bottom the long scroll list about an isolator.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us