Asking JL about products.....\cleansweep

Gold Member
Username: Johnfiac

A-ToWn, Kingkong ain... I got Chuck ...

Post Number: 3137
I sent JL a email asking about the cleansweep and this is the response i get.....

"Hi John, if you're only doing a sub, you can go directly into one of our amplifiers and tune it from there. The cleansweep product is only necessary if you're also doing all of the satellites as well."

I dont have a JL amp...... and dont plan on buying one....not even strong enough...

can anyone tell me more about the cleansweep and other little pieces of equipt that will help me to retain stock HU and increase sq and hook up amps to the high out..?

Gold Member
Username: Extrmndor3

IF U HEAR ME... crazydbs.com

Post Number: 5585
the cleansweep restores the sound by equilizing the soudn waves.

for example you have the sound flat 0 dbs every tone from 20-20khz. but in recording and when the stereos tries to reproduce the sound will be peaks and drops and will alter or distor the sound waves for example at the range from 20-20khz umm lets say 34hz is 3 dbs higher than 38hz.

the cleansweep will try to flatten and extend the sound of the recording. and the drops and peaks of the final reproduction the cleansweep will try to automatically equilaze it and correct it like here is the example: http://mobile.jlaudio.com/products_cleansweep_pages.php?page_id=90

bottom line.

on bass that will not be worth it to spend 300 bux on that. bass frequencies are hard to detect distortion. that why amps are class d amps they cause more distortion than class a/b amps and others, thats why if your using the cleansweep for the sub is worthless.

the jl cleansweep has 2 sets of preouts mainly for rear and front is not meant to be used on subs. you could get a regular preout converter i even have one that i can sell it to you for 20 bucks and is a good one.

Gold Member
Username: Jblanford

Post Number: 1459
i want to know why you want to keep your stock hu ? i would buy a really nice double din nav screen ( if you have a double din)

Gold Member

Post Number: 3138
Joe, the main reason is that the headunit controls ALL of the personal settings like window locks, lock when put in gear, unlock in park, seats move to each remote, ect... its all set using the headunit. If i replaced it i would go with the AVIC with the 30gb drive but.. i dont want to loose the controls and things of so many different things beside steering wheel control. I thought the cleansweep had a preout for subs\front\rear though, i want to get somthing that will do it all just incase i end up swapping out stock speakers due to them drowning out from the sub. What kind is it rob? I had a cheapo one from bestbuy, one of the Installers Edge ones... POS it was haha

Gold Member
Username: Joebruce

15 Inch Wang...

Post Number: 1028
Killa check this out,they have to have somethin there that will work for you.

http://www.mobileaudiocontrol.com/dept.asp?d_id=17612&l1=17612

Gold Member
Username: Jblanford

Post Number: 1467
oh thats right...you have the cts now ? badass car btw

Gold Member

Post Number: 3139
http://www.mobileaudiocontrol.com/product.asp?Product_id=231512

This one?

Ya i have the 03 CTS now

Gold Member

Post Number: 5586
i have a stinger really high quality loc for the price...

mine have really befi converter board etc. plus grounded housing to take out external noise never failed me when iw as using mys tock hu :-)

Gold Member

Post Number: 3141
Have a link to the specs? Will you meet up to avoid shipping on friday? I want to start the install over the weekend. I have to build the box, order the aeros still, buy a better amp, run my power cables, build a batt. case for the side to conceal the battery a bit, ect. I will test the box and stuff using the JBL amp i just gave back to my friend, unless the Earthquake comes back by then, i still need to test the amp to make sure it works before i sell it anyways so i dont get played if they burn it out.

Gold Member

Post Number: 5590
juzz foudn out that it doesnt have a screw to attach the wires you doul get that screw for under a dollar illt ake 15 bucks its all metal and not cheap looking like schoshe metra and all that overated cr@p

Gold Member

Post Number: 3149
you got a pic?

Gold Member

Post Number: 5596
i oculd take some pics but im watching the crow :-) then im might watch pulp[ fiction again and ofcorse jackie brown dont know if mission impossible is cool but later on ill have a pic

Gold Member

Post Number: 5597
heres some specs

If you're upgrading your stock system and want to keep your factory radio but it doesn't have line level outputs, use this handy converter from Stinger. The SLOCII can accept input up to 50 watts per channel, making it compatible with any floating or common ground factory receiver. Full DC isolation with a transformer coupled design and an all-metal case eliminates noise and distortion. Features a terminal input strip for easy connection and standard RCA outputs.

the preout is around 2 volts. and is higher than most.

scoshe preouts voltage is 0.5 volts and the the other one the black one that comes with diferent brands is 1.3 volts

Gold Member

Post Number: 3150
Preout isnt my concern, i have a Audiocontrol Overdrive it does like 8V preout ;)
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us