Subwoofer Help!

Username: Hw60068n

NYC

Post Number: 1
Hi,

I bought a amp/sub (Arc 2ch/Rainbow 8in.) package awhile back. I recently installed them both. I found out that the sub was a bit distorted when i turn up the volume. I found out that my bridged 2ch amp has more power than the sub. Is there a way to make my sub less distorted so i can turn up the volume a bit more? Should buy a new sub that can match up with my amp? Any advice will help. Thanks.

Hen

Gold Member
Username: Oglejust

Post Number: 1936
ur prolly clipping the sub. whats the gain set at?

NYC

Post Number: 2
LoL. I just realized my gains are a bit too high. I lowered it, now it sounds alot better. I feel a bit noobish, what is the correct way to set the gains to its optimal without clipping or lower than optimal?

Gold Member
Username: Oglejust

Post Number: 1973
go to www.subwoofertools.com and go to set gain... fill in the info and it will pop up w/ a #, use a dmm on ac volts mode and turn ur gain untill u see the voltage that pops up on the subwoofertools screen

NYC

Post Number: 3
First off, thanks for the guide. I calculated my amp's voltage. Now, i need to select a tone to put into a CD. How do you know what Hz to set it to? And what Hz to download?

HW

Bronze Member
Username: Kpa2727

Post Number: 92
run a 50hz test tone try to do 80 hz on the lowpass. NO BASS BOOST !!!!! can't urge that enough.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us