>> SSA 12" ICON production pictures!!! <<

Silver Member
Username: Denim

Www.TeamSSAudio.com, MD

Post Number: 257
Here are the pictures of the first production SSA 12" ICON ! We are very excited to finally reach this point and almost have them ready for people to pick up. As stated before the ICON is designed to be an SQ sub that can take some power and have solid output if called upon. But before you ask, I am not releasing specs or pricing before they are officially on the market.

Upload
Upload
Upload

Platinum Member
Username: Bestmankind

Los Angeles, CA USA

Post Number: 13054
looks beefy.

Silver Member
Username: Showrides

Hartford, CT USA

Post Number: 687
Looks nice. I like the darker basket.

Silver Member

Www.TeamSSAudio.com, MD

Post Number: 259
Thanks Ben,

We wanted to keep it all business and push every building cost penny to performance.

Gold Member
Username: Adddisorder

West palm, Florida

Post Number: 4391
nice.

Gold Member
Username: Drivingreckless

DD 9515f, 147.8 db Mov...

Post Number: 3461
Has it been tested?

Silver Member

Www.TeamSSAudio.com, MD

Post Number: 260
The prototypes were extensively tested by both the build house and I.

Gold Member

Post Number: 3465
how has it preformed? is it an efficent subwoofer? what subwoofers would you compare this one too? are you happy with the results?

Silver Member

Www.TeamSSAudio.com, MD

Post Number: 261
It performed great, better then my expectations, took some serious abuse and held up. Takes some time to break in, but seems not to picky on box sizing. It is not a super efficient woofer, but fine the most applications, built and tested to have a very strong bottom end with a smooth roll off. I was very happy with the testing, we were aiming for an SQ sub that can take the power of todays D-class amps. One thing I was surprised with was its output even in SQ boxes, both sealed and ported tuned really low. I will try it tuned in an SPL designed box for fun soon to see what it does.

As for comparison, I am not going to make comparisons, I will let the performance speak for it self.

Gold Member

Post Number: 3466
the way you describe makes it sound like a very good daily woofer, when are you expecting them to be marketed i might pick one up if thier not to much money.

Silver Member

Www.TeamSSAudio.com, MD

Post Number: 262
You hit it on the head, daily driver. We should be able to start them here with in the next 2 weeks.

Gold Member

Post Number: 3467
Good to hear...don't forget to make a post tellin us the price.

Gold Member
Username: Adam_s

15 TC9 Hybrid, RE MT Softparts

Post Number: 1146
Hmm...Looks nice. I just sold my sub so I will be looking for something new. Maybe this might be it.

Gold Member
Username: Wingmanalive

A pic is worth 1000 posts!!

Post Number: 6700
Man that looks so much like the next Mag. I like it.

Upload

Silver Member

Www.TeamSSAudio.com, MD

Post Number: 265
That new MAG is going to be a beast!!

Silver Member

Www.TeamSSAudio.com, MD

Post Number: 271
We should have pricing and specs here any day now.

Silver Member
Username: Jkidder

Spring hill, Florida Usa

Post Number: 684
that new mag turns me on. does any1 know price and power handling. sorry if its been covered already. sorry for thread jack. btw i love the new prototype from SSA also. looks goregous. cant wait to hear reviews n' hopefully make some money this summer :-)

Gold Member

15 TC9 Hybrid, RE MT Softparts

Post Number: 1152
denim I dont know if it has been asked before or not but what is the 12 going to be the only one available or will it come in 10s and 15s as well?

Silver Member

Www.TeamSSAudio.com, MD

Post Number: 275
We are starting with 10's, 12's & 15's. 18"s maybe if demand is there.

Gold Member
Username: Ctmike

Ct.

Post Number: 4416
could you at least post something on that sub denim? thinking of these now. like rms, vc, price? if you could i might have to hold off on the subs i was going to order and try these ones' out.

Silver Member

Www.TeamSSAudio.com, MD

Post Number: 278
We will have all the vitals here very soon. I think we are going to set the rms at approx 850 watts.

Gold Member

West palm, Florida

Post Number: 4414
sweet i think i might get a pair of these 10s or BMs, also got to wait on AA, i dont know but these look nice

Silver Member

Www.TeamSSAudio.com, MD

Post Number: 284
Here are a few more of the first few.

Upload
Upload

Silver Member

Www.TeamSSAudio.com, MD

Post Number: 287
Here are the T/S Parameters we promised:

ICON 10" SUBWOOFER
DUAL 2 OHM COILS
Re 1.5 per coil (specs measure in series 3.0)
Fs 30.7
Qms 5.60
Qes .41
Qts .38
Mms 190 g
Sd 310 cm^2
Vas 19.1 l
Bl 16.4
Spl 83.1 1W/1m
Xmax 20.5mm

Wattage: 850RMS
Displacement: 0.12cuft
-----------------------------

ICON 12" SUBWOOFER
DUAL 2 OHM COILS
Fs 29.9
Qms 5.87
Qes .45
Qts .42
Mms 212 g
Sd 480 cm^2
Vas 43.7 l
Bl 16.4
Spl 86.0 1W/1m
Xmax 20.5mm

Displacement: 0.16cuft
----------------------------

ICON 15" SUBWOOFER
DUAL 2 OHM COILS
Fs 26.4
Qms 6.01
Qes .48
Qts .45
Mms 262
Sd 810 cm^2
Vas 127.8 l
Bl 16.4
Spl 88.7 1W/1m
Xmax 20.5mm

Displacement: 0.19cuft

Gold Member

West palm, Florida

Post Number: 4443
they look promising

Gold Member
Username: Wolfman1966

Http://www.realmofexcu..., See my KRAZY... USA

Post Number: 3069
now make some 8's ...lol

Gold Member
Username: Th3pwn3r

Post Number:...

Post Number: 2820
Any updates on these woofers?

Gold Member
Username: Snarl2004

Audioque 12 SD2.5s, Earthquake P...

Post Number: 1332
dont think they could make 8's the 10's already got like no room with the dust cap...lol

Gold Member

Post Number: 1165
Still no prices?

Silver Member

Www.TeamSSAudio.com, MD

Post Number: 289
Wolfman, we cannot do 8's with that 3" voice coil.

Rob, here is the first build log with ICON subs used. http://www.soundsolutionsaudio.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=8809

The prices will be up as soon as we are ready for sales. We are just doing some last minute touches on the website for the ICON.

Silver Member

Www.TeamSSAudio.com, MD

Post Number: 291
Here is a video of that install

http://s113.photobucket.com/albums/n228/SHiZNiLTi/?action=view&current=SSA15ICON .flv

shaking store windows.

Gold Member

Post Number: 2824
Noiiiiiiice! :-)

Gold Member
Username: Loudon

Post Number: 1149
haha nice denim

Gold Member

Post Number: 1169
I just saw that video on CA.com yesterday. I cant wait for when they are available to the public so we can start to see more videos and hear more reviews about them. Oh yeah and the all important thing, the price tag. I really think I might have found my new subs , unless AA has something that really looks impressive to me.

Silver Member
Username: Mike_16

Burlington, Wisconsin Us

Post Number: 598
hmm i like them allot teh lok is good i liek subs wiht the foam fatt lol. just looks good. but ye hwo much they cost? the only hting is would they be better than 2 trype r's? and r they good brand never heard of them. actualy ye si hav ebut never seen one

Gold Member

Post Number: 1174
^^Umm I'm not sure what language that is but I think I could decode it. The fat foam your talking about is called a surround, wouldn't hurt to use the correct terms, but to answer the rest of your questions. They haven't been released to the public yet and when they are then the price will be released. About hitting harder than 2 Type Rs, they are designed to be a sound quality sub so I am not sure how loud they will get but I am sure the sound quality will far surpass that of the Type R.

Gold Member

Post Number: 1176
Didn't bump for me.

Gold Member
Username: Extrmndor3

IF U HEAR ME... crazydbs.com

Post Number: 5105
on the ts it looks they willbe sq mainly

Gold Member
Username: The_image_dynamic

San Diego

Post Number: 1580
$99 shipped plus a $50 rebate is an incredible price for a 15" sub of this quality. SSA Icon FTW!

Gold Member

Post Number: 1181
Brad where did you get that price from?? That is an insanely good price.

Gold Member

Post Number: 5107
if they are at that price i might do 4 15s :-) yo denim give me a link for the full info...

Gold Member
Username: Logan__tille

Team RevolutionImortal Box ...

Post Number: 7704
Prices? I will take 1 15" When will they be realeased?

Gold Member
Username: Tremor1127

Team Fi Car Audio [:-]

Post Number: 1629
have i been in the dark?

i had no idea SSA made subwoofers...

they look awesome, any prices at all yet? ballpark?

Gold Member
Username: The_image_dynamic

San Diego

Post Number: 1584
I was kidding

Silver Member

Www.TeamSSAudio.com, MD

Post Number: 294
The web page is up and the pricing is on it.

http://www.soundsolutionsaudio.com/products/icon/index.html

Loads of pictures and specs, along with box recommendations.

Gold Member

Post Number: 5146
DAMN THE 50 ITS NOT 99 SHIPPED

Username: Ssaudio

Scottsdale, AZ US

Post Number: 1
LOL, no idea where you guys got that price, we don't even build them for that cheap, lol

Gold Member

Post Number: 2839
Seems a little high IMO price-wise for the power handling of the driver in comparison to let's say an RD Alpha BUT I have not heard the driver so I can't really say much on it.It's just the initial price of what I'm looking at I'm going off of.Especially if the thing is super efficient but I won't know until I hear some reviews or test one out for myself.

Gold Member

Post Number: 2840
Maybe I'm just being a cheap SOB.

Gold Member

Post Number: 1185
Rob I kinda agree with you. I was hoping they were going to be a little lower in price, but I'm gonna wait and see what the reviews of them have to say. I may still be picking one up myself.

Silver Member

Www.TeamSSAudio.com, MD

Post Number: 296
Honestly, the pricing is on the low side. We easily could have gone $40 to 60 higher. RMS wattage is not the basis of price. The RMS is very conservative because we do not want to be dealing with endless re-cones because in-experienced people blow them up. We could easily set the RMS at 1000 or 1100, but it is not worth the hassle. The prototype 12 took well over 1200 watts no sweat.

Just as a point of reference, the MAG is priced higher and for a long time had 900RMS. Not comparing the two subs, just giving an example about price and RMS. It is being smart on the business end of things. Same concept as kicker ratting an amplifier 1200 watts, when it is actually putting out 1450, they are being conservative.

A sub that is some what similar, is priced nearly double and its RMS is only 100 watts higher. I said in a previous topic that we were going to stay near $250, well we stayed under.

Gold Member

Post Number: 1194
Denim I see what you mean. I dont really feel that the price is too high I was really just hoping that it was going to be lower. Well I always want prices to be lower but who doesnt?

Silver Member

Www.TeamSSAudio.com, MD

Post Number: 297
Steinkea,

our hope is that if the ICON does well, we can do a scaled down version for a mid-line sub.

Scottsdale, AZ US

Post Number: 2
10" ICON 10D2 VIDEO
http://s113.photobucket.com/albums/n228/SHiZNiLTi/?action=view&current=icon10SSA .flv

15" ICON 15D2 VIDEO
http://s113.photobucket.com/albums/n228/SHiZNiLTi/?action=view&current=SSA15ICON .flv

Gold Member

Post Number: 5157
DENIM YES U ALL DID STAYED UNFER 250.. BUT BYA DOLLAR... IF U HAD TO SAY THAT U WANTED TO STAY UNDER 250 THATS MAINLY 199.... BUT I THINK THATS THE INTRODUCTION PRICE BECAUSE I SEE MSRP OF 360 AND YOUR SHOP ITS THE MANUFACTURERS STORE SO I GUES U MIGHT BE RAISING THE PRICE MAYBE NOT AND IM WRONG..

BUT EVEN THO I WISH YOU THE BEST THING FOR YOUR COMPANY. BUT I REALLY THI8NK THATS ITS GONNA BE TUFF WITH THAT PRICE OF THAT KIND OF WOOFER AND THAT UR ENETERING THHIS MARKET. AND WITH ALL THE COMPETITION THERE IS AND THE UPCOMING ASCENDANT AUDIO/ FICARAUDIO I DO THINK U SHOULD BE LOWERING THE THE PRICE..

Scottsdale, AZ US

Post Number: 3
The ICON isn't going head to head with any of AA product line.

The MSRP on the site doesn't mean the sub will be sold at that, thats strictly there for the store base dealers we will be getting.

Gold Member

Post Number: 5158
I KNOW THEY ARE NOT GOING HEAD TO HEAD WITH AA OR FI. BUT WHEN U SEE A COMPANY WITH A 250 12 INCH SUBWOOFER PIRCETAG WHEN U SEE MORE COMPANYS WITH SUPER HIGH QUALITY SUBWOOFER FOR UNDER 200 YOU THINK ABOUT IT.

ON THE SPECS THE SUB SEEMS TO HAVE GOOD POTENTIAL BUT WHEN U SEE FOR 5 BUCKS MORE U CAN GET A FI Q. THAT IN TERMS OF SOUNQUALITY THE FI Q SEEMS ALOT BETTER.. BUT NEVER HEARD THE ICON ON SPL SO IT MIGHT KILL THE Q IN SPL BUT THEN U CAN HAVE THE Q IN A SPL VERSION CALLED THE BL WITH SAME PRICE...

IF U SEE OTHER MANUFACTURESRS SOME OF THEM WHEN DO BUSINES LIKE THESE THEY THINK ABOTU ALL THESE FACTS IM GIVING YOU JUZZ LIKE ALOT OF COMPANYS THAT START BY HIGH QUALITY SUBS THAT ARE VERY COST EFFICIENT AND ARE AFFORDABLE BY THE PEOPLE INTERESTED IN THEM...

I KNOW YOU SEE THE 500 DOLLAR MAG AND THEN WITH YOUR SUB U MIGHT SEEM THAT THE ICON ITS A BARGAIN.. BUT THEN AGAIN SO THAT WILL MEAN THAT THE FI Q ITS A BARGAIN OR THE BL OR THE SSD OR THE SOUND SPLINTER RL-P OR IF U WANT A SQ SUB A TC SOUND SUB ITS A GOOD WAY TO GO THEN U WILL GETTIN AFFORDABLE AND GOOD QUALITY...

IF U SEE ALOT OF MANUFACTURESR FIRST GOT GOOD AFFORDABLE PRODUCTS WHEN THEY CAME OUT SOME UNDER THE 150 THEN THEY BECAME SOME GOOD COMPANY... SOME OF THEM EVEN HAD THE INTRODUCTIONARY PRICE OFF UP TO 50% OFF THAN THE REGULAR PIRCE NOT SAYING FOR MSRP..

Scottsdale, AZ US

Post Number: 5
We did think about all of these facts, and our product stands out from the rest, buy one and you'll see!

You're saying that there's all these other choices out there for this price range? Yes. This is totally up to the customer to choose us. After people get this sub and write reviews people will start to see it's all business, then they'll have a choice, buy SSA or FI, or AA or what ever, thats their choice. thats business.

As a business we choose to set an MSRP just like it is, and we're trying not to follow other business's "flight plan" and make our own. thanks for your comments though, very insightfull opionion.

Gold Member

Post Number: 5166
YEAH MAN NO PROBLEM LIKE I SAID BEFORE I HOPE U BECOME A HIGH END COMPANY AND ESPECIALIZE IN CUSTOMER SUPPORT SINCE SOME COMPANIES HAVE FAILED BECAUSE OF THAT...

AND U SHOULD BE THINKING OF A INTRODUCTIONARY PRICE EVEN ON THE FIRST 100 SUBS OR TILL SOME OTHER X...

Scottsdale, AZ US

Post Number: 6
we've deff thought out the intro pricing approach, but after review of other's intro pricing campaign's, they all run into trouble, such as if you buy a sub for 179 as an intro sale, then a month later the same sub is 249, you won't buy it, you'll wait for the sale again. IT allways seems to mess up the perception/integrity of the product.

so thats why we're not doing an intro sale. If that makes sense ;)

Gold Member

Post Number: 5167
how about you state that its juzz an introductionary price and then it will be back to 249 forever or till u decided to lower the line or someting...

im juzz letting you know to boost the sales for a head start and for the people

Scottsdale, AZ US

Post Number: 7
we're more interested in the long run. Intro pricing never works out in the long run, trust me.

We plan on being around for a long long time.....

Silver Member
Username: Jkidder

Spring hill, Florida Usa

Post Number: 731
good luck on the sales tactics. i hope everything works out for u in the long term n' everything

Scottsdale, AZ US

Post Number: 8
THANKS

Silver Member

Www.TeamSSAudio.com, MD

Post Number: 298
Intro prices / pre-sales can hurt like SSAUDIO said above, and in some cases it can diminish the value of the product. Intro prices are good to get the name out fast, but once those people bought it then sales come to nearly a halt. There are a good number of subs that have similar capabilities for equal or more on price. I will let the performance of the sub do the talking, it does not need to be shoved in peoples faces like it is the best thing since Velcro. The ICON is a well built, in the USA mind you which is not cheap to do, durable sub that is a great daily SQ sub that can really wang in the right install, as you can see above by the dual 15" install in Mark's truck.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us