I have a crazy idea...

Gold Member
Username: Splmonster

C-Town, OH USA

Post Number: 1148
well today while i was at work, i was sitting on the $hitter playing games on my cell phone for 45 minutes, and i got to thinking lol i know how ppl always say mixing subs/sizes is a bad idea. but would it would be possible to put like a 15 spl type sub and a lets say 10" sq sub that you could hook up and put in the back, but somehow have a switch so you could choose which one was on, so they wouldnt be playing at the same time, so when ur in the mood u could have crazy bass, or nice mellow sq, any ideas?

Gold Member
Username: Extrmndor3

IF U HEAR ME... crazydbs.com

Post Number: 5083
YES U CAN DO IT AND I HAD DONE IT.... ONLY ONCE THO WITH ME AND THE OTHER INSTALLED WHEN I USEDTO WORK AT PHD ELECTRONICS...

U CAN BUILT A SET UP WITH A 8 INCH (WE USED A 10 INCH) INSIDE A CENTERCONSOLE PORTED AT 28HZ, THE SUB WAS A SOUND SPLINTER RL-I AND A PHOENIX GOLD 15.0 (750 RMS AT 2OHMS BUT ITS UNDERATED)

WE MADE A 2 REMOTE SWTICH THAT WHEN WE WANTED THE SQ SET UP WE JUZZ NEEDED TO PUSH A BUTTON AND SAME FOR THE SPL SET UP... LET ME TELL YOU IT SOUNDED REALLY DAMN GOOD... AND WE CHARGE THE CUSTOMER SOME PRETTY GOOD MONEY TO MAKE IT...

THE SPL SET UP WAS 4 KICKER L7S15S WITH 2 KX2500.1 TUNED AT 42HZ AND IT WAS LOUD AS HELL BUT IT DID NOT SOUNDED GOOD AT ALL...

NOW JL AUDIO MAKES AN ENCLOUSURE TO BE INSIDE THE CENTERCONSOLE... ALSO THE BOSE SOUND SYSTEM COMES WITH A MINI SUB INSIDE THE CENTER CONSOLE TOO...

OK HERES AN EXAMPLE

http://mobile.jlaudio.com/products_stealthbox_detail.php?fit_id=1472

Silver Member
Username: Kaos15th

Post Number: 468
please quit yelling were not deaf thank you.

Gold Member
Username: Extrmndor3

IF U HEAR ME... crazydbs.com

Post Number: 5086
F U C K OFF DONT LIKE??? DONT READ IT....

DUMBSHYT

Silver Member
Username: Kaos15th

Post Number: 471
HAHA......

Gold Member

C-Town, OH USA

Post Number: 1149
what about putting them in juss 2 diff boxes in the back of my suv?

Gold Member

C-Town, OH USA

Post Number: 1150
and how would u go about making a switch to switch from sub to sub?

Gold Member

C-Town, OH USA

Post Number: 1151
i was juss wondering anyway lol i think my hd3 will have decent sq for me, but we'll see lol what do u other guys think about this?

Silver Member
Username: Jesse59672

OKLAHOMA

Post Number: 427
just connect two amps to battery and have on/off switches on each remote wire. thats probably the simplest way to do it

Gold Member

C-Town, OH USA

Post Number: 1152
bump

Gold Member
Username: Shortysetnies

Rock Vegas, NC US

Post Number: 1330
I've been tempted to do it but I haven't had the money but it would be possible and a good idea if you had a loud system but wanted something to just have a little bump...

Gold Member
Username: Matt12490

California USA

Post Number: 2431
I just love the idea of switches.. :-)

Reminds me of some batman sh!t

Gold Member
Username: Jakeyplaysbass

St. Louis, MO

Post Number: 1742
get 2 15 inch sq subs and split the difference.

Gold Member
Username: Drsmith

Montana USA

Post Number: 2540
lil rob is still the same moron I see lol

Gold Member
Username: Van_man

Boston South, MA

Post Number: 2453
You use a relays to switch set ups. That way one switch controls it. Another take on the relay is to wire the sub, say a dvc2 so in one position it is wired to 4 ohms for daily , throw the switch, and 1 ohm for bumping. No changing wires on the sub.

Gold Member
Username: Insearchofbass

Post Number: 5196
i had the same idea

Gold Member
Username: Insearchofbass

Post Number: 5197
a friend of mine told me about a competitor who had motors in his enclosure to make it go from one box type (not sure what type) to an spl enclosure for burping
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us