Subs making grinding noise

Silver Member
Username: Mercsable

Kalamazoo, MI USA

Post Number: 125
That is the best description I can come up with to describe what Im hearing. My subs have been working just fine for months, now all of a sudden, when I turn the volume up a little, the sub makes a grinding noise and my amp goes into protect mode. I dont think it can be the wiring because they have been wired the same since I got them and they sounded good before.

Gold Member
Username: Wingmanalive

A pic is worth 1000 posts!!

Post Number: 6958
Your sub is what I need to be. BLOWN.

Silver Member
Username: Basssquared

Kansas

Post Number: 485
LOL Paul and yeah definately blown same thing happened to me except only one of my subs was blown so i was getting bass at low volumes but then i would turn it up and my amp would go into protect mode but the easiest way to tell is look at your sub smell it and then do the simple push down on the cone test if its really hard then its blown well hope you got warranty

Silver Member
Username: Northomaha

Post Number: 400
yessir, that grinding noise is the worst thing ever, along with that nasty electrical white smoke. looks like its blown as the people above said, maybe its time to upgrade subs. what do you have now?

Platinum Member
Username: Rovin

2 10 Pioneer...

Post Number: 11612
Congrats !

u busted your sub ......

Gold Member
Username: Nd4spd18

Southeast PA

Post Number: 2849
Now the question is why did it blow. What sub is it and did you set the amp gain correctly? I'm betting it's either a crappy sub or you set the gain wrong and clipped it.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us