Finally got my amp today, but...

Silver Member
Username: Rideredder

Cornell, IL USA

Post Number: 821
I have a question.

Sweet!!
Upload

OK, in the manual it says "(0)Zero guage power and ground connectors". Now how in the hell am I supposed to fit 1/0 guage wire in here when my Streetwires 4 guage barely fits?
Upload

Gold Member
Username: Mgbcs

Maple Grove, Minnesota

Post Number: 1349
Very interesting...I wish I could help. Someone get this man an answer lol

Very nice choice of amp BTW!

Gold Member
Username: Ctmike

Ct.

Post Number: 4384
nice!!! i'm expecting my two signed 1000d's tomorrow! can't wait. and i thought i was one of the only ones' here that jumped on the preorders.

Gold Member
Username: Jblanford

Post Number: 1096
use distribution blocks ? or 1/0 to 4 awg wire reducers

Silver Member
Username: Rideredder

Cornell, IL USA

Post Number: 822
Does anyone have a couple for sale, or know where I can find some cheaper than this?

http://cgi.ebay.com/Stinger-HPM-0-Gauge-to-4-Gauge-Reducer-S04ADAPTPT_W0QQitemZ1 70112809242QQihZ007QQcategoryZ50549QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Platinum Member
Username: Chaunb3400

Huntsville, Alabama U.S.

Post Number: 12283
Trim that sh!t

Gold Member
Username: Matt12490

California USA

Post Number: 2394
Those reducers can get expensive! That price isn't too bad, but I would just trim that sh1t like Chauncey suggested.

Gold Member
Username: Johnfiac

A-ToWn, Kingkong ain... I got Chuck ...

Post Number: 2899
those wire reducers dont really look allt hat convientent anyways... kinda ugly lol id just trim it to..

Silver Member
Username: J_c_wheeler8

Columbus, IN United States

Post Number: 597
I used 1/0 awg in my amp, i had to trim it a bit, but it goes in.

Silver Member
Username: Mike_16

Burlington, Wisconsin Us

Post Number: 583
ok im not sayin u guys are wrong about triming it but when i did that for myne my amp would cut out, and i asked my dad he sais let me check t out he goes why did u do that to ure power wire im liek so itll fit lol, he sais thats hwy ure amp is cuttting out , thatd be liek having an electrical thing liek say a drill and triming it , he sias itll screw up the voltage current or something i cant rember exactly what it was he said its not good for but idk, .....so is he right that that snot good or is he wrong? now dont be goign and talking sh.t sayin my dad is a dumb motha f.,ka he just dont knwo his sh.t on stereo stuff

Gold Member
Username: Johnfiac

A-ToWn, Kingkong ain... I got Chuck ...

Post Number: 2909
If you trim to much then you can have a problem but if its still a tight fit into the terminal... you shouldnt have an issue unless the amp itself should have been designed with bigger terminals, or the power wire is to long. But triming wire can mess it up if it is to off of the ratio... say you have a 1000 strand 0gauge... and trim it to about 200Strands... then you may see a problem... but for the short distance that the power needs to flow threw the trimmed wire it should be fine unless the wire was to long to support the current needed...
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us