How many watts do I need?

Bronze Member
Username: Swansondr

IA USA

Post Number: 14
I have a small four door car. I want a sub and an amp. I dont know how many watts they should be to get some good kick. I want it to be really loud, but I also don't want it to blow me out of my seat. Anyone have suggestions? Don't think about price, just how many watts.

PS I was thinking either 1 or 2 12 inch subs max (I would like to wire it a 2 ohms)

Gold Member
Username: Ctmike

Ct.

Post Number: 4375
just think of watts? are you planning on upgrading the charging system or leaving that stock? and if stock how big an alt. do you have?

Bronze Member

IA USA

Post Number: 15
stock. Idk how big it is, but again, i dont want to be blown out of the seat. so the stock should abe enough.

Gold Member

Ct.

Post Number: 4377
i'd check the stock alt. i've heard of 800wrms killing a stock alt. and why not upgrade? you say don't think of budget when looking at subs so you must have plenty of money to spend.

Bronze Member

IA USA

Post Number: 16
wheres the best place to get an alternator? how much do they run? And again, how many watts do you recomend?

Gold Member

Ct.

Post Number: 4378
for alts.:

iraggi:
http://stores.ebay.com/Iraggi-Alternator-and-Electronics

excessive amperage:
http://www.excessiveamperage.com/

ohio gen.:
www.ohiogen.com

depends on your car, the size, who you order from, etc. to determine the cost. and as far as how many watts to recommend, i say none until you can post the size of the alt. you have now or will be getting to run your system off of. doing so without knowing that will be pretty dumb.

Silver Member
Username: Skies

Courtenay, British Colu... Canada

Post Number: 725
Go to AutoZone and find out the size of the alternator in your vehicle.

If you don't wanna be blown out of your seat, anywhere from 500-800 watts should be good.

Tc-1000 comes to mind at first.

Is it possible to do 1 15" sub?

Silver Member
Username: Jkidder

Spring hill, Florida Usa

Post Number: 583
2 Digital Designs 1512's dvc 2ohm with a kicker zx750. shouldnt need to upgrade alt either, since it really seems like u dont want to. that will def be loud enough for u and sound nice!

Bronze Member

IA USA

Post Number: 17
Thanks for the help everyone
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us