Do I have to replace all the Factory Bose speakers?

Username: Lgnremy

Post Number: 8
I have a 2000 Cadillac DeVille with the aplified Bose factory sound system. I was told that each of the 4 door speakers will need to be replaced when I install my new head unit. He said something like each Bose speaker has an amp built into it that wont work right with an aftermarket head unit.
Does anyone know if this is true or if there is a workaround?
Thanks

Gold Member
Username: Nd4spd18

Southeast PA

Post Number: 2530
Speakers do not have amplifiers built into them, lol, he said that wrong.

He is correct that the speakers and amplifier will have to be replaced though. It is next to impossible to get stock speakers with a stock amplifier (which Bose systems have) to work properly with an aftermarket HU.

Bronze Member
Username: Lgnremy

Post Number: 11
can i keep the bose facory speakers and just buy an amp for them or do i need to upgrade them to
some apline 5 1/4s?

Silver Member
Username: Warlok

Orlando, FL USA

Post Number: 276
You can run factory speakers off aftermarket amp. YOu will need to bypass the fact wiring (amp). My cousing has a 2000 with Bose, and he ran them just fine. I believe you need to buy an expensive as F U - K wiring harness from the HU to the trunk to do all this though. I know for a fact, that you can have this made for you for about $10. I have a caddy too, and the people that installed mine, just made it for me instead of me buyin one for $100 somewhere else. Save me alot of cash.

Gold Member
Username: Nd4spd18

Southeast PA

Post Number: 2547
On some cars you can run the stock speakers off the HU, some cars you can't. It depends on the impedance of the speakers.

Aftermarket speakers with an amplifier will sound 100% better though.

Silver Member
Username: Skibum12189

Cleveland

Post Number: 583
I needed nothing extra to install my HU in my jeep with stock infinity system. Just hooked it up like normal
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us