Trunk

Silver Member
Username: Solobaric4life

Seminole, Al United states

Post Number: 591
i know it will not be as loud in the car, but can u stil hear it when your far away?

in a 85 cutlass but the seats does not fold down, never heard subs in a closed up trunk, does it sound sh!tty?

Gold Member
Username: Safe_cracker

Chicago, IL US

Post Number: 2636
It depends! I have seen where a trunk has actually made it sound better. Everything depends on placement inside the trunk, type of box, subs, amps etc. Honestly nothing sounds better than some house music played on a sealed enclosure housing a set of 15's, box all the way to the rear, subs facing trunk lid. Dynamat will help the lid rattle.. Polo.

Silver Member
Username: Tatonka

Post Number: 180
I can't really tell a difference in my car with the seats up or down.

Gold Member
Username: Nd4spd18

Southeast PA

Post Number: 1597
It's obviously not as loud since the trunk is separated from the cabin. It also causes a lot more rattling (the trunk lid).

Something to think about, on a lot of cars you can remove the rear deck, or if your rear speakers are there, just remove those since there's really no point to rear speakers......

Bronze Member
Username: Kaprese

Walstonburg, NC USA

Post Number: 82
No but be prepared to get some dynamat which is like very expensive.....subs in a closed trunk is better to me

Gold Member
Username: Oglejust

Post Number: 1425
what i did was take out the 6x9s and it will change the sound A LOT!!!

Gold Member
Username: Safe_cracker

Chicago, IL US

Post Number: 2639
Actually if you leave them in and just unplug them they will work like passive radiators and make it a whole lot louder! J/K :-O

Gold Member
Username: Oglejust

Post Number: 1426
lmao

Silver Member
Username: Mike_16

Burlington, Wisconsin Us

Post Number: 456
ok so u guys that say take ure 6x9 out and it gets louder.. wel do u have to take the covers of them off to liek the stock covers or grills or w/e?

Gold Member
Username: Livin_loud

F uck fuckid... Fi Audio

Post Number: 1654
im not sure exactly what your asking, but goin by what i think, no, the grille won't make a difference really if it stays on w/o the speaker in place. but in some cases the grille mounts on the speaker

Silver Member
Username: Ceoofdaroc4

Post Number: 191
Yea my trunk is closed off with it 2 I have this plastic rear deck I was thinking about cutting a whole and putting an aero port in it wat you think?

Silver Member
Username: Bumpndatrunk

Milwaukee, WI

Post Number: 136
yea dwight im thinking the same thing i have a firewall in my trunk and im going to cut a whole where the Lbo rest is

Silver Member
Username: Dakangofkrunk16

Earth

Post Number: 632
yea im cuttin into the back of mine to just to let some air flow to cabin a slot hole cuttin into seats to match then coverin it wit w/e i feel like at the time and no to dynamat Joshua Moye

Peal and Seal
Edead are good to and cheaper

Bronze Member
Username: Theivan

Dawson Creek, British Colu... Canada

Post Number: 68
your trunk will rattle badly but inside the car it sounds great. especially when theyre facing the back of the car (not towards your seat). outside the trunk will rattle lots (mines horrible dont know abuot yours) but outside from aways away or with your door open itll still be as loud. run some wires back to your trunk and test it first without hiding the wires. oyeah and if you have the seat down it will sound about the same, maybe better because the bassline has more time to develop.

Bronze Member
Username: Theivan

Dawson Creek, British Colu... Canada

Post Number: 69
basically polo's right! :P POST #69!!! haha
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us