18 inchers

Gold Member
Username: Denali_on_22s

Hit you in the chest m...

Post Number: 1999
Haha, all my thread titles have been suggestive lately...

Anyways, here's my question. Do all 18 inch subs have bad frequency response at 60+ hz? If not, what kinda box would it take to be able to kill 30 hz tones and still drill 80 hz tones. Am I living in a fantasy world or can that be achieved?

Gold Member
Username: Bernymac

Cambodian

Post Number: 2479
I wonder the same. What 18 inch sub can sound as good as its 15 inch counter part. I'm debating on 18's now but having a hard time deciding if its worth it.

Gold Member
Username: Livin_loud

F uck fuckid... Fi Audio

Post Number: 1671
yeah it sucks to say it but i'm definitely not satisfied in that region. the lows are a different story though at least i'd like to try it out sealed but there'd be too much work involved. plus i'd probably have to cut my box out of my trunk...

Silver Member
Username: Sinful_systems70

15 INCH WANG...

Post Number: 667
Who's going to start the 18" Wangers Club??? LL

Silver Member
Username: Solobaric4life

Seminole, Al United states

Post Number: 601
i dont know but i buy in 2 18's friday

Gold Member
Username: Johnfiac

151.9db Dail... My wangers b...

Post Number: 2321
I wanna get 2 18's 2 15's 2 12's and 2 10's for a complete SQL system to hit every freq... all different amps of course but that wont happen for a very very long time... If you got the room find a pair of 10's\12's that will do it, it will cost more for everything so you can get exact with what hits what freq. but it would work..

If i only had room to fit about 40 pairs of subs in my ride.... one tuned to 30hz... one tuned to 31hz... ect.... with eq's boosting that freq. only on each set of subs and dropping the freq for every other note that i dont want that box hitting..... That would be one badass SQL system... but space\power\ and money all come into that GREATLY..... maybe if i had a school bus...

Gold Member
Username: Denali_on_22s

Hit you in the chest m...

Post Number: 2007
I've heard that's not a good idea though... Mixing sub sizes... I don't see how it would be that big of deal though... Running a 15 and a 12 would give you the best of both worlds...

Platinum Member
Username: Glasswolf

Wisteria, Lane USA

Post Number: 11926
any 18" with a really good BL curve could handle up to 80Hz I suppose, but I'd strongly suggest you just cross it over at about 60Hz and consider the use of a pair of 7" or 8" midbass drivers to fill in from the 18" to the mids.

Gold Member
Username: Th3pwn3r

Post Number:...

Post Number: 1984
"Who's going to start the 18" Wangers Club??? LL"

They got the idea of the "15'' wangers club" from when I posted that I was going to start the "18'' wangers club" but they actually went with it.

Silver Member
Username: •cam•

Post Number: 177
yeah i've heard the mixing sub sizes thing. but if you had them all bandpassed so the 10s werent playing the same frequencies as the 12s etc. would you be alright?

Silver Member
Username: Splmonster

Nowhere, OH USA

Post Number: 734
"I've heard that's not a good idea though... Mixing sub sizes... I don't see how it would be that big of deal though... Running a 15 and a 12 would give you the best of both worlds..."

there was a post a while back where gw went into some detail, has something to do with cancellation n stuff ill try n find the thread...

Gold Member
Username: Nd4spd18

Southeast PA

Post Number: 1693
" I wanna get 2 18's 2 15's 2 12's and 2 10's for a complete SQL system to hit every freq... "

Wouldn't sound good. The ideal device to reproduce music is one speaker that can play all frequencies (20hz-20khz) accurately. Unfortunately, such a device is impossible to build with the technology that we have, and therefore does not exist.

So, we have to settle for using woofers for bass, midranges for mid frequencies, and tweeters for the highs.

Silver Member
Username: Dakangofkrunk16

PLANET EARTH, FLA

Post Number: 649
until the future^^^^ who nows what we gon have a saw a thing along time ago about a amp the size or ur hand wit some serious power but yea i dont believe that

Gold Member
Username: Tremor1127

Fi Car Audio has got m...

Post Number: 1369
im down for this 18" wangers club... been awaiting membership for that for a minute now...

Bronze Member
Username: Imperial_designs

Lafayette, Louisiana

Post Number: 75
an 18 will and can have the same damping as its smaller counter parts.. it just takes a stronger B field and more power handling for them to really shine.quite a few 18" woofers sounded great and got loud as piss... 9918, ELE, the 18 RD audio alpha 18 with triple stack 120oz slugs will be KILLA. if i was in your position i would get the SQL version of the alpha 18 and put 2 K to it ported with a low tune... 6.5 tuned to 32 or so.. www.rdaudio.net for the money there awesome..
also they are dropping a new line of amps... a huge 5750(@ 12.5 volts!!)

Gold Member
Username: Thomas_g

NM

Post Number: 2289
Whos gonna start the 18" wangers?? Im sure there are quit a few guyz in here that have em.

Silver Member
Username: Dakangofkrunk16

PLANET EARTH, FLA

Post Number: 676
i have an 18 inch wang
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us