FS Blown CrossfireVR1000D

Platinum Member
Username: Chaunb3400

Huntsville, Alabama U.S.

Post Number: 12100
Ok so this great amp crapped out the other day.. I contacted www.audiotekx.com and they said it would cost $135 to get it 100% working again...so Im just looking to get $135obo...Thanx...

Silver Member
Username: Sinful_systems70

15 INCH WANG...

Post Number: 644
What is wrong with it exactly? What happened? What doesn't work? Does it not turn on or does it turn on and not produce sound? This will help it go.

Gold Member
Username: Johnfiac

151.9db Dail... My wangers b...

Post Number: 2253
how did you blow it...... most amps dont like .125 ohms... :-p j\p

Platinum Member

Huntsville, Alabama U.S.

Post Number: 12105
What happened...my bro told me he was driving bangin like usual then the sub just cut off..he called me i asked him to check all the connections...he told me that the power wire was touching the ground wire(not sure what the F#ck he did) any way...It will not turn on...

Silver Member

15 INCH WANG...

Post Number: 645
I'll give you $75 shipped, since I (and you) have no clue whats wrong with it.

Platinum Member

Huntsville, Alabama U.S.

Post Number: 12106
$100 and i will ship it out tonight

Silver Member

15 INCH WANG...

Post Number: 646
What were you running with it and what was the ohm load it was seeing?

Platinum Member

Huntsville, Alabama U.S.

Post Number: 12107
Fully Loaded FI BL 15" dvc2ohm..running at a 1ohm load

Silver Member

15 INCH WANG...

Post Number: 647
Are you sure you have no idea whats wrong? Thats what makes me not want to do the 100 because I know you know your sh!t and if you can't figure it out, it might be a big problem and cost me more to fix. I will take it for that price if you let me make some calls tommorrow and see if I can even find someone to repair it first. Hold on to it for me until Saturday at the latest. I will try to post tommorrow and let you know my final answer. Is that ok with you?

Platinum Member

Huntsville, Alabama U.S.

Post Number: 12110
Thats fine...

Like i stated its not in my ride..so i didnt see the amp until tonight..and i didnt even mess with it(GF was over). Im just going by what he told me, he said he unhooked it...rehooked it and nothing......I will hold it for u

Silver Member

15 INCH WANG...

Post Number: 648
Thanks! It is very much appreciated, I hope you can understand. I don't want to buy and waste your time if I cannot have it repaired. So its not yours? That makes me a little more worried. Is the owner as knowledgeable as you or did you istall it? I would like to know the history of it if you know. Was it improperly installed or thrashed and beaten? Do you have or could you get me some pics? tonight? early tommorrow? Before I make final decision.

Platinum Member

Huntsville, Alabama U.S.

Post Number: 12112
I installed it..lol.and it was in my brothers car and he never touched anything..so..im almost sure it should be an easy fix.and i can get pics 2morrow...what kind of pics do you want??

Gold Member

Post Number: 2257
Chauncey.. you said you never tested it? Check to see he didnt blow his inline fuse... if power wires were touching wouldnt that be nice

Silver Member

15 INCH WANG...

Post Number: 649
Also if you take pic please put your screen name on a piece of paper so I know for sure I am looking at the amp I am purchasing. No offense intended, just want to make sure. Thanks very much. So we have an agreement and you are holding it for me for sure? For $100 shipped after I confirm I can have it serviced.

Platinum Member

Huntsville, Alabama U.S.

Post Number: 12114
inline is fine...

Silver Member

15 INCH WANG...

Post Number: 650
That amp I believe doesn't have fuses on it but I am sure Chauncey already checked the inline fuse.

Just pics to see any scratches or dents/dings, burn marks, all sides/top/bottom, terminals, mounting tabs. Thats about it. Whatever you would want to see if you were asking for pics i'm sure will be fine. You know what you are doing and what to look for.

Platinum Member

Huntsville, Alabama U.S.

Post Number: 12115
k...do u want me 2 post here?? or email them 2 u?? if so im gonna need an email..

Silver Member

15 INCH WANG...

Post Number: 652
Sent it to you in PM..... Check now to confirm.

Silver Member

15 INCH WANG...

Post Number: 653
to confim it was sent, do not post it please!

Silver Member

15 INCH WANG...

Post Number: 655
Why do you say its "blown" if just the wires touched? Was there something else wrong before this?

Gold Member

Post Number: 2258
He was talking about the power wires that touched right? The inline should of blown.... there is deffinetly a problem there... Or did he mean the speaker output wires were touching? Blowing out the channel... but that doesnt explain the amp not turning on..atleast in protect mode..

Platinum Member

Huntsville, Alabama U.S.

Post Number: 12116
got the email

Gold Member
Username: 420alldaylong

Post Number: 1411
Crossfire will fix it for a set fee of $150 no matter what is wrong with it. So if you buy it from Chauncey for $100 + the $150 crossfire will charge you thats $250 but for a badazz 1000 watt amp thats a good deal. That amp puts out about 1350-1400 watts at 1ohm.

Silver Member

15 INCH WANG...

Post Number: 656
Chauncey, Why haven't you sent the pics to my email? I am curious to look at it. I have foud someone to repair it but I would like to see the pics first. Thanks

Silver Member

15 INCH WANG...

Post Number: 659
bump!
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us