Voltage

Bronze Member
Username: Kaprese

Walstonburg, NC USA

Post Number: 86
If my pioneer HU has 2v preouts and my Boss HU has 5v preouts and sub level would the Boss HU give me more sound and Bass for my subs....then Pioneer ? Also does a higher pre-out Voltage make your system better?

Gold Member
Username: Livin_loud

F uck fuckid... Fi Audio

Post Number: 1662
it sends a hotter signal to the amp, but its not absolutely needed. basically it allows you to keep the gain down on your amp. if you really want it though, you can just buy a line driver. that pioneer HU is 10x better than the boss

Platinum Member
Username: Glasswolf

Wisteria, Lane USA

Post Number: 11913
it won't be any louder, no.
higher voltage just means a cleaner signal, usually. higher resolution, that's all.
honestly though, I'd use the Pioneer. better built quality throughout

Silver Member
Username: Sinful_systems70

15 INCH WANG...

Post Number: 660
Higher preout voltage will help the amp produce better SQ.... A rewording of the first two posts. I also agree with the other posts. Pioneer>>>>>>>>Boss

Gold Member
Username: Th3pwn3r

Post Number:...

Post Number: 1971
That Boss HU probably has a BS voltage rating anyhow.

Bronze Member

Walstonburg, NC USA

Post Number: 87
but it's a Pioneer 1900mp from bestbuy only $100 and the other is.... Boss 610c it has sub level and 5v preouts and the Pioneer is only 2v and has NO sub level so which one?

Bronze Member

Walstonburg, NC USA

Post Number: 88
I was just thinkin the higher the preout voltage the better and I could use sub level want that give my 15 a little boost

Bronze Member

Walstonburg, NC USA

Post Number: 89
Also with that pioneer I can barely see the screen in the daytime but I want to choose the best HU out of these 2 but do you think the Boss HU would be a bad choice over the Pioneer even if it doesn't have sub level and 5v pre-outs

Silver Member
Username: •cam•

Post Number: 173
how about you just save up and buy a nicer one?
but yeah even for a temp. hu get the pioneer.

Gold Member
Username: Nd4spd18

Southeast PA

Post Number: 1633
Poineer is about, well I foget exactly how much, but they're about 100000x better than Boss

Bronze Member

Walstonburg, NC USA

Post Number: 90
But don't the sub out-put and sub level make the Boss HU better since I have more control over my subs and it has 3 preouts the Pioneer has the basics doesn't have any sub controls and only 1 preout and thats only 2v

Gold Member
Username: Safe_cracker

Chicago, IL US

Post Number: 2646
A higher input voltage will give you more headroom. It will also allow you to keep your gain lower, thus reducing the amps overall THD level. The Pioneer will have a cleaner input signal than the boss for sure. Now how it will sound will also depend how good your amp (s) are and the quality of RCA's, placement of said RCA's etc. This being said you can take a system of good quality sh!t install it wrong and make it sound like crap so install it all correctly and you should be happy. Polo..

Gold Member
Username: Johnfiac

A-ToWn, 152-153db Da... My wangers b...

Post Number: 2340
It also puts less stress on your amp if you have a higher preout... like me.... my gain is turned down 100% of they way and i am pushing 6V into the amp..sounds alot better then when i was using a 4V preout and the amp doesnt get as hot.. not by much but its noticable if you touch your amp after runnning it for a long periods of time. If the HU doesnt have a sub level it might not really be made for subs... if it has RCA outputs check to see that it says SUBS or if it just says front\rear if it says subs there is ussualy a control on the HU that you can turn on so that you get the subwoofer level. Ive had a kenwood that i had the problem with until i found out that the RCA's can be used for both the rear and sub output... its a digital on screen option that allows you to change in between the 2.. and let me tell you it was a HUGE difference.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us