Kenwood KDC-X791 vs. Pioneer DEH-P690UB vs. Alpine CDA-9857

Username: Jpfloder

Post Number: 1
I've got things narrowed down to these three decks. I want to know public opinion about them, especially if you have one of the three. What are the advantages of one vs the other? Will the 2V pre-outs of the Alpine keep up with the 4V pre-outs of the other two? Does the Pioneer have HD radio capability yet? And anything else you'd like to comment on.

Thanks.

Unit links are:
Kenwood
http://www.millionbuy.com/kenkdcx791.html

Pioneer
http://www.millionbuy.com/piodehp690ub.html

Alpine
http://www.millionbuy.com/apncda9857.html

Post Number: 2
BUMP

Bronze Member
Username: Dj_007

Carlisle, KY US

Post Number: 67
well HD radio is probably not catching on very quick.. know it isnt around here.. and i have owned that pioneer and had dis eject problems with it which is a common pioneer problem.. and as far as 2v vs 4v pre outs the most i can tell a difference is subwoofer clarity... tahts about it... if it were me i would deffinately go with the kenwood.. i switched form premier to kenwood and i love mine... they are just awesome as far as SQ and options and useability.. personally i would go witht the kenwood

Post Number: 3
Thanks for the post, Derek. I'm goin' HD just because I can't bring myself to pay for radio...plus I listen to a lot of specific talk radio shows that won't be on the satellite providers.

Keep the replies comin', guys....

Bronze Member
Username: Dj_007

Carlisle, KY US

Post Number: 68
well in that case... i still suggest the kenwood it is HD radion ready.. but if your really into multimedia like Maby and I pod and have a bluetooth phone.. the alpine looks sweet.. its bluetooth ready and everything... if i were you i would rule out the pioneer for shore and choose between the alpine and the kenwood

Post Number: 4
I just heard back from Pioneer, no HD. So, yeah, it's out. It's between the Alpine and Kenwood. Anyone else with an opinion? I am leaning towards the Kenwood.

Post Number: 6
BUMP

Silver Member
Username: Oleg

Santa Monica, CA USA

Post Number: 670
I like the alpine except for the 2V pre-outs. Try alpine CDA-9885 - same features, but with 4V pre-outs.

Post Number: 7
Doesn't anyone else have an opinon?!?!?!?

Silver Member

Santa Monica, CA USA

Post Number: 693
I think it's solved? You like alpines, right? So the 9885 would be perfect for you.

Gold Member
Username: Illuminator

USA

Post Number: 4875
Personally, I think the Pioneer is the best choice, but since you want HD, the Alpine is going to be the second best. Pioneer is not known for disc eject problems the last time I checked. Kenwood units aren't very high build quality and wear down quickly--they pull you in with all the features and leave you stranded for build quality. Kenwoods are lucky to last two years.

Post Number: 10
Thanks for all the help, guys. I've re-analyzed my position on HD. Mainly, I got online and listened to Sirius for the 3-day trial, and their talk options aren't half bad. I think I'm most likely gonna go with it, suck it up, and pay for my radio. In light of that, I'm gonna go with....the Premier 690, unless I can get the 9885 installed, but Best Buy may not be able to get it for me.

Silver Member

Santa Monica, CA USA

Post Number: 725
Good choice as well...I think there was a thread about Pioneer HU's ground shorting out, so watch out for that. Not sure if it was just for specific models or for Pioneer in general.

Gold Member
Username: Illuminator

USA

Post Number: 4943
If the Pioneer head units are installed properly (meaning no power is being run to the unit while it's being installed), then the ground shorting out won't be a problem. :-)

Bronze Member

Post Number: 11
I'm getting it done by Best Buy and getting the service plan. If they mess anything up, they'll pay to put new stuff back in.

Username: Twowaybattery

Forest Lake, MN United States

Post Number: 2
http://www.twowaybattery.comTwoWayBattery.com presents a convenient way to purchase high quality two way radio batteries, chargers, eliminators and accessories for a complete range of two way radio models at incredible factory direct prices. Our store offers an exhaustive list of replacement batteries, chargers, eliminators and accessory options that support radios manufactured by OEM's such as Alinco, Bendix-King, Cobra, Icom, Kenwood, Ma-Com Erricson, Maxon, Motorola, Regency-Relm, Simoco-Sepura, Standard, Tait, Tekk, Uniden, Wilson and Yaesu-Vertex.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us