Just a few questions

Silver Member
Username: Rosrock2000

AA Assassins, MI USA

Post Number: 390
the 5 gauge schoche kit says it will handle up to 700 watts rms.. im running 800.. will i be ok?(if not post a link to what i should get)

Also how do you set gain and lpf and subsonic filta? i realize this may have been asked 1000 times (i can use a digital multimeter to)

Silver Member
Username: Volfenhagking1600

15 SSD Wangin, Shawano, Wis... USA

Post Number: 471
as long as you use the 80 amp fuse that came with it, it should be fine

Silver Member
Username: Adam_s

15 TC9 Hybrid, RE MT Softparts

Post Number: 943
You will be fine.

Gold Member
Username: Th3pwn3r

Post Number:...

Post Number: 1604
Well be careful when it comes to wiring.Some companies trick people by posting BS numbers.Example being a "O Gauge" wire may be more than half the thickness in the wire's casing and it's actually not even going to have enough copper to support demands.You're only running 800 watts though so I think you'll be fine.It's always a good idea to upgrade somewhere down the line though.I remember going from 8 gauge to 0 gauge in my buddies car and he definately got a bit more power to his amps and was able to blow his subs that he couldn't blow before from over-powering due to the increased flow of current.

Silver Member

AA Assassins, MI USA

Post Number: 391
what about settings on the amp? and what should i set the lpf on my h.u. to? 0ff? 125? or 80?

Silver Member
Username: Adam_s

15 TC9 Hybrid, RE MT Softparts

Post Number: 945
If you have the lpf on you amp set you dont really need to set it on you h.u. but if you want to set it the same as you have it set on your amp.

Platinum Member
Username: Glasswolf

Wisteria, Lane USA

Post Number: 11750
first, power wire:
the size, or gauge of wire you need is based on both current capacity, and length of the run.
table here:
http://www.the12volt.com/info/recwirsz.asp

how to set the amp should be in the manual, so RTFM first.
for initial settings, try:
LPF - 60Hz
gain - no higher than 1/4 turn from the lowest setting (if marked in voltage, low setting = highest voltage marking) use bcae1.com for guides to proper gain setting.
subsonic filter - off for sealed box, or if ported/bandpass, set SSF to the same frequency as your port tuning.
if the box is tuned to 45Hz, set the SSF for 45Hz

Silver Member

AA Assassins, MI USA

Post Number: 392
well i know this however.. my settings dont have like the volts around it and markings around the settings to guide u.. so i need to use dmm i thing for all of em..u see what i mean

Platinum Member
Username: Glasswolf

Wisteria, Lane USA

Post Number: 11752
then use a meter and the guide on bcae1.com

Gold Member
Username: Th3pwn3r

Post Number:...

Post Number: 1607
"first, power wire:
the size, or gauge of wire you need is based on both current capacity, and length of the run.
table here: " Keep this in mind guys but also remember that like I said a lot of companies make wire that is all casing so keep your eyes peeled.People say that wire is wire which is very true but 0Gauge wire may not really be 0Gauge wire.The brand that I can think of off the top of my head to stay away from is "Q-Power" I've seen guys buy this thinking it was 0Gauge and in comparison to my Kolossus Kable from Knukonceptz it looked like 4 gauge.This is looking at the actual thickness of the actual copper that makes up the wire.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Add Your Message Here

Bold text Italics Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image Add a YouTube Video
Need to Register?
Forgot Password?
Enable HTML code in message

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us