Xtanti x1001

Username: Bradddgeezy

Fort Wayne, IN USA

Post Number: 4
I just came across this Xtanti x1001 amp. I bought it from a buddy of mine who has a Blazer and it pushed 4 L7's very nicely. He competed with this amp. I paid $100 for it and it retails for about $649..Good Deal.. I need some help troubleshooting. I only have 4 guage wire in my car and when i plug everything in the amp turns on but it goes into protection. do you guys think it's because its not 0/1 guage wire?? that's what im thinking it works fine in his blazer but when i put it in my car it turns on. i think its because its not getting enough power... any possible ideas???

p.s.
Im glad i found this forum. I think it will be alot of fun

Gold Member
Username: Naledge503

Http://com4.runboard.c...

Post Number: 1221
First, that amp is no where near enough power to push those 4 L7's. Are you sure you have them wired at the right impedance?

Fort Wayne, IN USA

Post Number: 5
I meant 3 L7's....and im not sure if its wired right. but its like the weirdest amp ive ever seen. you have to tune it on the circuit board, theres not any knobs to tune it with. so im not sure ill have him look at it tomorrow

Gold Member
Username: Naledge503

Http://com4.runboard.c...

Post Number: 1223
are your subs 2 ohm or 4 ohm?

Fort Wayne, IN USA

Post Number: 6
They are 4 ohms. i think that im going to have to hold that amp for a while and put my crunch back in. because i have really crappy subs right now because my other ones got stolen. I had 2 12" Audiobahn Flame Series and they got stolen.. but now i have 2 12" pyle red label's in. I'm thinking it's that their isnt enough power

Silver Member
Username: Renegadesrun

Lafayette, IN US

Post Number: 657
Hope it has the PQM......

Fort Wayne, IN USA

Post Number: 7
i don't think it does. you have to move these rectangle looking things up and down the circuit it's weird ill get a picture up tomorrow

Gold Member
Username: Fishy

Tamarac Ft.Laud, FL USA

Post Number: 1624
4 guage is plenty. That Xtant is going into protect for some other reason. Make sure you have a good ground and check your speaker wiring for shorts.

Btw, that is one helluva amp, but you have to be very careful while tweaking with the circuit board exposed like that. Here's my 1001dx(the x1001's predecessor) with its clothes off:

http://memimage.cardomain.net/member_images/6/web/846000-846999/846007_12_full.j pg

Strip some wire and drop a few fine strands in there and things can go up in smoke.

-Fishy

Fort Wayne, IN USA

Post Number: 8
uhh yeahhh thats what mine looks like. except the ground and power wire are seperate from the remote and the fan(?) but like the other thing is mine is like that it doesnt have a metal thing covering the top. i might go into the shop and try to rig one up.. so you think $100 for it isnt that bad? cuz i dont and its like PROFESSIONAL... all the online reviews by people said it was the best amp they have ever had and that there werent any problems

Gold Member

Tamarac Ft.Laud, FL USA

Post Number: 1627
The PQM is that little flat board with the three knobs you see on the left side of the amp in that pic. Should say PQM1 on it or something like that.

-Fishy

Fort Wayne, IN USA

Post Number: 9
idk its out in my car....im going to mess with it tomorrow when i get off work....but what do you think of Planet Audio Amp's?

Gold Member

Tamarac Ft.Laud, FL USA

Post Number: 1628
$100 is a steal. The x1001 was originally intended to put out 2000 watts, but Xtant ran into some design problems. From what I hear there is actually a sweet spot between 1 and 2 ohms where the thing can do 1500.

-Fishy

Fort Wayne, IN USA

Post Number: 10
yeah he said something like it puts out way more watts than what it says. but i like this place because i can ask a question and people wont get all pissy with me because i dont know everything. ill try and get everything working tomorrow and let you know how it goes

Gold Member

Tamarac Ft.Laud, FL USA

Post Number: 1631
but what do you think of Planet Audio Amp's?

I know nothing, lol.

I have 4 Xtants in the old truck:

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/846007

and 7 or 8 more sitting in the closet. I know those and older PPI and Soundstream stuff, simply because its all I've used over the past twenty years. Trying out Audison for my next install:

http://www.audison.com/default.asp?lang=eng

-Fishy

Bronze Member

Fort Wayne, IN USA

Post Number: 11
damn man...you want to sell that explorer. hahaha that looks sooo clean. everything hidden and ahh awesome man... im going to get one hell of a system when i get my GTP...im only 2 grand off so im trying to work a butt ton of hours

Gold Member

Tamarac Ft.Laud, FL USA

Post Number: 1632
Its earmarked for one of my "crew". He's a mate on the boat I run. I'm basically givin it away for 2 grand with stereo. He's w/o a vehicle and kind of in a tough spot financially(divorce). I'm sick of picking him up every morning and don't want to go through the trouble of removing things. Plus you spend as much time on a vehicle as I did it becomes like your own child, one you want to find a good home for.

:-)

If he can't get up the cash I'll just keep it as a backup for when the new truck is tore apart for sound deadening install.

Wow, I'm rambling. I'll stop.

-Fishy
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us