Will it be louder?

Username: Christogq

Post Number: 4
I have a Planet Audio 1250 and two 12" Quantum Audio woofers. The woofers are 1500 watts max each. My amp is only 1200 watts. I have to turn the amp all the way up to really make any kind of noise. Will it be louder if I go with some woofers that require less power?

Gold Member
Username: Ctmike

Ct.

Post Number: 3700
first, post the rms of the subs. peak means nothing. second, what id the rms of the amp. and when you say "turn the amp all the way up" do you mean your using the gain as a volume? if so that is really bad and isn't what it's for.

Gold Member
Username: Nd4spd18

Southeast PA

Post Number: 1109
Set the gain properly, it is not a volume control!

Post Number: 5
I don't know how to find the RMS on the amp cause the only listings I see are the max at 1ohm and that's what I have it wired to.

I use my gain as a volume control, like how much power it's putting out to the subs. Pleas tell the young grasshopper what I am to do.

Gold Member
Username: Ctmike

Ct.

Post Number: 3707
here's the only specs i've found:
Max Power (2 Ohms) 1000W X 1
Max Power (1 Ohm) 1250W X 1
RMS Power (4 Ohms) 450W X 1
RMS Power (2 Ohms) 700W X1
Signal-to-Noise Ratio
Frequency Response
Dimensions:
102dB
20Hz-250Hz
6-1/2"W x 2"H x 18-1/4"L

you might have to call them or search around the web for what it does at 1ohm. but again, posting the rms of the subs would help. and never use the gain as a volume knob, set it to match the preout voltage of your hu (head unit) and leave it.

Post Number: 6
Oh sorry about that. The subs are 750 watts rms each. So let's say my amp rms is 700 watts, then wouldn't I get louder and cleaner and deeper bass with some woofers that require and handle less power?

How do I set my gain to match the preout voltage? Man I've been messing with car stereo stuff for like 6 years and I've never had this much trouble. Thanks guys.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us