Help? My amp isn't working right anymore.

Username: Klint

Post Number: 1
My Kicker amp isn't but around 4 months old has worked great in the past. Tonight I went to get into my car and noticed I had no base. I took at look at the amp and it's flashing RED and Green. The Sub is getting power but not very much, it isn't hitting like it should. (sounds about like a factory setup would sound) What are a few things I can try?

East, Texas U.S.A

Post Number: 2
btw it's a ZX 350.4 pushing 1 kicker 10in

Silver Member
Username: Krazyj

USA

Post Number: 143
could be a bad ground wire ocnnection if it is flashing red. normal driving can make you have a loose connection in some cases....check the ground wire..

East, Texas U.S.A

Post Number: 3
would it still be pushing to the sub making it move even with a bad ground?

Silver Member
Username: Krazyj

USA

Post Number: 144
if the amp cuts off and on then the sub could be playing off and on....check the power cable........

East, Texas U.S.A

Post Number: 4
the sub doesn't cut off and on it stays on just isn't pushing like it used to.. The sub isn't very loud at all... I have tried adjusting the settings on the ctrl pan. but doesn't affect it any.

Platinum Member
Username: Glasswolf

Wisteria, Lane USA

Post Number: 11668
check wiring. ground point, wiring at the fuses or distro block, and at the amp itself.
make sure speaker wiring is securely connected at both sub(s) and amp.

also make sure gain isn't set too high on the amp

Gold Member
Username: Van_man

Boston South, MA

Post Number: 2249
Do you have an electrical meter?
Check the ohms of the subs coils. If they are 4 ohm coils, then the reading should be close to that. 3.8 or so. Also, check what the voltage is at the amp, and at battery. Should be the same, around 13.5-14 volts. Ohm out the amps ground wire. should be close to 0 ohms.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us