Cheapest 4ch

Silver Member
Username: Jonesp

Post Number: 183
the amp in my head unit blew. so i need a 4 channel amp to get it to play music. whats the cheapest and i mean cheapest amp you guys now of.

cheapest ive seen is boss $50

Silver Member

Post Number: 184
anyone

Gold Member
Username: Van_man

Boston South, MA

Post Number: 2236
You would be better off with a new HU

Gold Member
Username: Nd4spd18

Southeast PA

Post Number: 1037
The cheapest amp you can find will probably blow after a few weeks/months of use. So are you sure you really want that?

Gold Member
Username: Juliob

Santo DomingoDominican Re...

Post Number: 4295
there are many good cheap brands.

Pierce audio has a good 4x45w rms at 4 ohms for 80$.

Soundstream lowest line is decent and they have very cheap models.

Profile is the cheapest of all mentioned.

Gold Member
Username: N2audio

Lawrence, Ks USA

Post Number: 1239
typically people on this forum get harassed for recommending anything cheaper than Kicker, but I'll take my chances anyway.
Here's a possibility...

http://cgi.ebay.com/Used-American-Pro-Amplifier_W0QQitemZ160084929884QQcategoryZ 4950QQrdZ1QQssPageNameZWD1VQQcmdZViewItem

It's an American Pro amp. Obviously it's not great, but I used one of the 2 channel amps from that line a few years back and it was a decent amp.
I'm currently using a DHD amp in my boat, which is a sibling company of American Pro. It's a surprisingly powerful amp.

For $44 shipped I think it would be worth it.

More than twice as powerful as a standard head unit.

Silver Member
Username: The_image_dynamic

San Diego

Post Number: 653
Agree with Julio -- and I would also throw in the PG Octane R5.0/4. I think it is around 90 bucks.

Silver Member

Post Number: 192
thanx guys i dont think MS really understands me i dont care about the amp all i want is music. im not lookin for something to powe my speakers . i just need another power sorce just to get them working.

but im still skeptic about this im not very sure this will solve the problem and for a $500 head unit i believe spendin 100 to get it to work is much better than another 500
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us