Pls help the newbie

Username: Cooleyes

Post Number: 1
I'm looking for speakers to replace the original ones for my 95 Acura Integra sedan. Crutchfield indicates that I have 6 1/2" in the front and 6x9" in the rear. They said regular 6x9" speakers won't fit in the rear. They suggested this 6 1/2 Blaupunkt VC 650 component speakers for the rear. They also told me that regular 6 1/2" won't fit in the rear, only component does. I'm wondering if this is true or not and why does any 6x9" speakers not fit in the rear? And why does only 6 1/2 component fits in the rear and not the regular?

Thanks so much for helping this newbie

Silver Member
Username: Killswitchjd

Post Number: 369
6x9's or 6 1/2's will fit in the rear. Just get nicer front 6 1/2's and a nice amp. skip the back

Username: Cooleyes

Post Number: 2
Thanks for the reply. I guess the Crutchfield guy was trying to talk me into buying expensives speakers. I'm not looking for anything fancy yet, just something more decent than the factory set. I'm looking at the Sony MEX-BT2500, a pair of 6 1/2 Blaupunkt PCxb 652 (or Kenwood KFC-1661S)for the front and 6x9" Blaupunkt PCxb 693 (or Kenwood Kenwood KFC-6960ie) for the rear. Any suggestions?
Thanks
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us