I need advise on new subwoofers please help. my old ones got toasted.

Username: Tunercar885

Davison, MICHIGAN UNITED STATES

Post Number: 2
ok, first off i have a orion HCCA D5000 AMP that can run 4ohms, 2ohms, or 1 ohm i want to keep it at 1 ohm pendency because it hits harder and is more clear for harder and louder bass.. and i HAD key word *HAD* 2 pioneer TSW3004 subwoofers and i toasted both of them coils all black and torn to hell and smelled horriable, after having them for about 8 months i need any ideas you guys have for a new subwoofer(s) ive been looking around but cant really find anything that can handle 2500rms watts RMS at 1 OHM stable. any advise or help would be great.

thanks,
Jeremy

Gold Member
Username: Naledge503

Check out my forum!

Post Number: 1144
Fi BL's. But get ready to spend about $500-$600 on electrical upgrades. That amp is gonna draw ALOT of current at 1 ohm.

Gold Member
Username: Livin_loud

18 of Love Fi Audio

Post Number: 1324
thats probably why he fried them...

Silver Member
Username: Sinful_systems70

Post Number: 527
Two DD 3515's!!!!!!

Silver Member
Username: Sinful_systems70

Post Number: 528
I doubt it Eric, He probably fried them (the subs) becaure they are only 1000 watts RMS each and I think that (1000 watts RMS) would be pushing it. Not to mention that that amp probably puts out over 2500 RMS. JMO

Gold Member
Username: Livin_loud

18 of Love Fi Audio

Post Number: 1336
thats what i meant (i think lol). the charging system could never fully support the amp, causing clippage

Silver Member
Username: Adam_s

15 TC9 Hybrid, RE MT Softparts

Post Number: 855
I would say it was probably a combination of a little too much power and the fact that the power was most likely clipped making it so much easier to fry the subs.

Platinum Member
Username: Rovin

My 1 12 Atom...

Post Number: 10956
how about 1 15 atomic ELE - im sure it will feel pleased with that amp pushing it .....
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us