Transmission line Box for stroker pro

Bronze Member
Username: Hgihkcin

Lincoln, NE

Post Number: 98
i need help with one thing before i build this, In the alignment tables the value BL is listed in Newtons per amp, and cerwin vega gives me a bl of 24 tesla meters, is there any way to convert tesla meters to Newtons per amp, or are they compeatly diffrent measurments

Bronze Member

Lincoln, NE

Post Number: 99
nevermind, posted in hate, realized tesla meters and newtons per amps are the same thing

Bronze Member

Lincoln, NE

Post Number: 100
just calculated it out.... never gunna work

Gold Member
Username: Tdeaton1021

Near Tampa, Florida USA

Post Number: 3983
how did you formulate your enclosure?

Silver Member

Lincoln, NE

Post Number: 101
I used Martin J Kings formula from the alignemnt tables on his webiste the formula is:

Closed End= p*c*Sd²*Dz*Dr*Re
..................... Bl²

Where p is constant and c is the speed of sound, and you look in his charts to find the Dz and Dr depending on what you tune the box to.

i also tried the method where you divide the speed of sound by the frequency that you want and that is the port length, and then the area of the port is the same as the surface area of the cone, but the stroker pro's magnet structure is so huge it wouldnt fit.

Gold Member
Username: Tdeaton1021

Near Tampa, Florida USA

Post Number: 3995
you could invert it... but its more complicated than that. t-lines cant be used in all vehicles and the bends change the phase, or somehting like that.... i drew one up and had pete at TTB look at it and he said it would be 90 degrees off axis... another one i designed and built wasnt totally successful because it didnt have half wave length to the listening area... i've been trying to fully understand t-lines... i think it will be much easier to start off with small drivers like 5-6.5 inch where you can built boxes in 30 minutes and do a lot of testing.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us