EVERYBODY READ!!! please

Silver Member
Username: Phuktupbasshead

Phoenix, Arizona United State...

Post Number: 655
If high output alternators did not exist... what setup would you chose?

(consider this a poll or something)

no such thing as a wrong answer, just think about it and be honest.

Gold Member
Username: Matt12490

California USA

Post Number: 1802
I don't think I would exceed 1000 watts so a nice 1000 watt amp powering:
-15" DD 1500 series
-15" Fi Q
-15" Avalanche
-15" Eclipse Ti
-2 12" w6

Sorry couldn't choose 1. Money would be a factor so the dub 6s are out. If it wasn't they would be my choice.

Gold Member

California USA

Post Number: 1803
Wait, do they even have a 15" 1500?

Gold Member
Username: Arande2

Extreme SQ FTW

Post Number: 1715
I like the Q.

Gold Member
Username: Johnfiac

IL Afghanistan,...

Post Number: 1627
Id just have a decent sized big bank of batterys and about 3Krms

Gold Member

IL Afghanistan,...

Post Number: 1628
Dont have to push 3Krms all the time tho... just when 1Krms isnt enough.... never really is tho.. haha

Gold Member
Username: Th3pwn3r

Chicago, Illinois U.S.A

Post Number: 1167
Well I would definately run a JL 1000/1 and power some W6's with it :-)

Gold Member
Username: Stnorris

RE SX 15, IA US

Post Number: 2074
2 re sx 15, a few batteries in the back, and 2500rms. ..i think that any more power would be hard

Gold Member

California USA

Post Number: 1804
2500 and 3000rms is way too much power for a stock alt. Extra batteries aren't going to help at all if your alt can't charge them. I thought you guys have been here long enough to know this.

Silver Member
Username: Nd4spd18

Southeast PA

Post Number: 606
^^^^^^

x100

I was about to say exactly that

Gold Member
Username: Oglejust

You aint bangin unless..., Il

Post Number: 1135
if ur not running the subs up all the time the alt will charge them.

Gold Member

California USA

Post Number: 1816
never bumped

Silver Member
Username: Blazerboy

Post Number: 350
My situation exactly!

I choose 1 15" ssd, and give it about 800-100watts.

Silver Member
Username: Andrew571

Stillwater/Edmond, Oklahoma USA

Post Number: 699
buy multiple stock alts and run 2k+!!!!!!!

Gold Member

IL Afghanistan,...

Post Number: 1644
"Dont have to push 3Krms all the time tho... just when 1Krms isnt enough.... never really is tho.. haha"

Sh!t i'd run 10Krms on a stock alt. THe only thing im saying about that though is i wouldnt be holding a constant 3Krms just kinda like turn it up when the good songs come... or to scare some chick in the backseat.. ;) 3minutes of strong bass.... then a good 30minutes of charging lol... but thats me

Silver Member

Southeast PA

Post Number: 633
" buy multiple stock alts and run 2k+!!!!!!! "

Now there's and idea!

" Sh!t i'd run 10Krms on a stock alt "

You would be replacing that stock alt quite often.

Gold Member

IL Afghanistan,...

Post Number: 1652
yes i would....BUT

Bass > alternator :-)

Ill keep extras in the trunk at all times if i had to... its only a 2-5minute job to swap it out

Silver Member
Username: Rustysurfer916

Oviedo, FL

Post Number: 360
same system im gonna be running. 1000 watts on 2 W6's

Silver Member

Post Number: 656
no, seriously...
without high output alternators, and without additional alternators...
What would you guys do? That being your limitation... what would you recommend or install in your own vehicle/vehicles?

Gold Member
Username: Mygame5982

Memphis HPO 15 Wangers..., TEXAS US

Post Number: 1302
fosgate t1001bd
planet audio vx1400d
memphis prd1000.1
iono a pair of woofers to match

Silver Member
Username: Renegadesrun

Lafayette, IN US

Post Number: 572
For you? A small 2-300w set up. Brands irrelevent.

For the rest? Save your money, take your ignorant butt back to school and pick up where you left off.....5th grade math.

3/4 of you need to get run over by the clue train. I would think it impossible to post with your head in your a55 but apparently not.

The numbers mentioned to be run off stock, are absurd, and the idea that the stock alt will charge some magical storage device (battery?...if so...LOL) that will allow you the use of "said storage" for longer than a millisecond is moronic.

Silver Member

Lafayette, IN US

Post Number: 573
We obviously have differing opions on what you guy consider as "will work".

3/4 of the people here probably never realize even 1/2 of their amps potential for lack of proper charging. Does it play? Yes. That doesnt make it right tho......

I dont consider a stock alt with much more load on it than what was supplied by the manufactorer. Large cases are a small exception, but not much of one.

Gold Member
Username: Carguy

Post Number: 5991
On a stock alternator, JL 500/1 and 10W7 in a HO box.
For those trying to run 3K - 5K of power, don't forget, with electronics, all it takes is micro seconds to burn out. Unlike human body, once damaged, it does not heal by itself. 3 mins of full blast may not sound much to you, but to a car's electrical system, that could enough to fry everything..

Silver Member

Lafayette, IN US

Post Number: 574
Sup fellas....noone got fired up? Havent pi55ed in the ecoustic wheaties lately, this seemed like a likely spot.

Heh.

Anyway...when a stock alt averages 90-120amp, which barely covered all the cars functions at once....and you add an amp who's draws SURPASSES, what you have to give by over 100% (1000w amp, or more), you can begin to see where im coming from sans the bluster, name calling, and BS. ;)

Gold Member
Username: Adddisorder

West palm, Florida

Post Number: 3543
haha thanks regegadesrun for clearing that up, i somehow missed this thread but people dont belive me when i say 600rms killed my 80a stock alt.

Silver Member
Username: Liqdfire3

Lee high acres, Florida

Post Number: 124
how hard is it to run multiple stock alternators? and is it more cost efficient than buying a high output one?

Silver Member

Southeast PA

Post Number: 663
^^^^^ No.

Custom brackets for multiple alternators are expensive, if you can even fit a second alt on your engine.

HO alternator is the way to go.

Bronze Member
Username: Dj_007

Carlisle, KY US

Post Number: 62
i would run a 1000 watt memphis audio reference series amp on 2 15'' M3s..

Gold Member
Username: Southernrebel

Monroe, Louisiana DD 9515d~~]...

Post Number: 4522
If high-output alts didnt exist...i would invent them and make some $ :-)

Platinum Member
Username: Bestmankind

FI Audio BTL 15Los Angeles, CA

Post Number: 10744
i'd just keep it stock. i am already thinking about stock system now. damn bass is just too much work and you are never satisfied.

Gold Member
Username: Tremor1127

Fi Car Audio [:-]

Post Number: 1057
shoot, im satisfied... :-)

Silver Member

Post Number: 658
Rearrange, Andre, M.S., Matt, James, & Derek: thanks for your suggestions... I appreciate your opinions.

Killa: I wish I had the money and ability to abuse car parts the way you mentioned! Seriously, if I could afford to throw away alternators... I could afford to avoid all that by buying a high output one for sure. lol At any rate, thanks for sharing.

Liqdfire3: That was a GREAT question! Even if it seemed like a new-b question to some... I felt it was totally valid and am glad that you asked.

Chad: I know what you mean about the satisfaction part... yet, I still want to pursue it until I get tired of it myself. (i'm sure you understand) What do you recommend for getting the most out of the stock alternators? (since you're currently working on that type of setup for yourself) I really value your expertise... please respond again.

renegadesrun:
Obviously you know what you're talking about (or are so good at bull$hit that you believe your own lies - lol) Seriously, you do seem to have a greater knowledge than I do... so please go on... nobody is offended... it's all good.
How come you only recommended 200-300 watts? Is it THAT delicate of a situation? I'm currently running a Digital Audio DAD9004 at 0.8 ohm in a 1990 Dodge Ram Van (2 12's and 1 10)... you think my alternator will go??? My $hit pounds harder than ANYBODY in my neighborhood... despite that, I'm still not totally satisfied. Honestly, without talking down on me, bro - what should I do? Try to upgrade more with the current alternator with more subs and better boxes? Or just get the high output alternator and start from scratch once it's ready to go? If that is the case: which alternators do you recommend? Remember, I'm pretty much looking for the cheapest one that isn't JUNK - brand name means nothing to me regarding alternators... I just want to know which is the cheapest alternator that'll do the job? Please respond. I appreciate and value your expertise.

As for everyone else:
The question still stands... if there were no high output alternators, what would you have in your ride to make it PUNISH the block? Recommendations, suggestions, advise.

Thanks for reading, everyone... please respond.

Gold Member
Username: Adddisorder

West palm, Florida

Post Number: 3593
for a cheap stock amp set up get a pg x400.1 and a crossfire amp that does like 75x2 and your alt should be ok with it seeing as music is dynamic and chances are your amps will never be pushed to their limits unless you abuse the volume knob

most stock alts are great if you dont have alot of draw, ho alts tend to run hot and that can shorten the life. really running two stock alts that say total 200 would be better then getting a 200a HO but only on some cars can you fit the extra alt. a good place to gets your rebuilt to HO may be a local alt. comapny, you should call around.

Silver Member

Post Number: 659
thanks, Mat Dope... I will.
Anybody else?

Gold Member
Username: Logan__tille

Imortal Box Building, Email us wit...

Post Number: 6334
Orion 2500D and 1 15" FI BL.

Silver Member